We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    thanks for all this great info grin

I’ve created an unauthorised page and it works, but it hasn’t solved the problem for 2 reasons:
    - I made the loginName member of the site admin pages group, causing the login page not being accessible anymore on web level (showing me the unauthorised page I created in stead of the logon box)
    - The unauthorised page is still editable by all managers

This could be solved if there was some kind of a default or guest account which per definition has access to all public pages (a special default public group for this purpose?) - and then prevent the managers from editing these pages (by just unticking or not ticking them). I wonder if anyone has succeeded? Then I’m sure I made a mistake.
    Anyway, I’m going to stop bothering you with this, but I do think this is something that should be improved.
    Doze, thanks very much mate! cool

edit: Hah, I solved it by putting the loginName page in a private folder, but keeping the page itself public!
    could come in handy for other people in the future as it’s pretty obvious only admins should be able to edit this page
    simply but effective ..
    cheers!

edit2: quickedit still allows the user to edit the loginName this way .. oh well nothing is perfect