We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 83 Posts
    :’(First of all I apologise for such an elementary post. Let me explain some things

For really odd things like "a TV programme list"
    Any list (schedule) which can be changed daily.

May I ask why you have to do this? Is this your homework from Programming Class?
    This is for a TV channel’s website.
    Alternatively, if only one person needs to add TV programmes, can they not just add it in HTML?
    The person should be able to add this with minimum effort, daily. It is someone with little knowledge of HTML.
      • 264 Posts
      Quote from: modxusr at Jun 15, 2006, 01:54 PM

The person should be able to add this with minimum effort, daily. It is someone with little knowledge of HTML.
      Use Modx! Simply create a template with a TemplateVar that is holding a default value, maybe a normal table - what you want: See Ryan’s HowTo http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,4111.msg30084.html#msg30084! Create a new folder or a document and assign your template! Show this person how to schedule and unschedule a document!

And you’re done. wink
        • 83 Posts
        Thank you very much, Yoomai. Thanks for the encouraging reply.

Happy to hear that I can use MODx. I was afraid I would have to switch to another CMS.
        Will get about it and let you know how it goes.
        Thanks again.