We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 83 Posts
    Hi all!
    On a page on my website I have to display a list of (TV)progammes daily. A person should be able to add the programmes for each day.

I am afraid, my knowledge of php is very limited.
    Is there a snippet for events available or some sort of a calendar? Has anyone done this before using MODx..
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• 3,250 Posts
      There is an event calendar snippet that you could use.
        • 83 Posts
        Thank you...much relieved to hear that.

Please tell me where I can download it. Can a person with very little PHP knowledge handle the snippet?

Can I display programmes in the format:
        10-11a ddfgdfgdf
        11-12a sfdsfdddf
        ...so on?

Thanks again.
          • 3,250 Posts
          You would have to search the forums for that as I don’t know.
            • 83 Posts

On a page on my website I have to display a list of (TV)progammes daily. A person should be able to add the programmes for each day.

I am afraid, my knowledge of php is very limited.
            Is there a snippet for events available or some sort of a calendar? Has anyone done this before using MODx..

I’ve seen the forums..but was unable to find anything similar to my situation.
            If anybody knows of something similar, please, direct me
            or let me know how to deal with this.
            Thanks.
            • I don’t think what you’re looking for is readily available.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 83 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Jun 15, 2006, 06:05 AM

I don’t think what you’re looking for is readily available.
                uh-oh! sad
                Can I use a third party solution here?
                Has anyone used it?
                Thanks in advance.
                  • 3,975 Posts
                  Look for DB Calendar OR Calendar in http://modxcms.com/repository.html

IMO Ditto! can do the same for you, you have to add appropriate TVs (Template Variables) and then sort them with Ditto dynamically when displaying on public page.

Hope this helps.

regards,

zi
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                    • 83 Posts
                    smiley Thank you..that sounds promising.
                    But can I do it with my limited (too limited, i am afraid) knowledge of php?
                    It sounds too technical.

Has anyone seen a modx site which lists a day’s schedule before?
                    Thanks in advance.
                      • 1,097 Posts
                      For really odd things like "a TV programme list", MODx is not any help at all. I’m afraid it’s just not been going long enough for there to be a ready-made module for your every whim.

If you cannot program PHP, and find zi’s post too technical, and find it difficult to abstract your request, you are not going to be able to get MODx to do this.

Alternatively, if only one person needs to add TV programmes, can they not just add it in HTML?

I have to display a list of (TV)progammes daily. A person should be able to add the programmes for each day.
                      May I ask why you have to do this? Is this your homework from Programming Class?

Have you tried Calendar?
                        No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!