We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5 Posts
    Hi Modx community!
    I just installed your cms and i appreciate your great work you’ve done for this program.

OK i wouldn’t have written in this forum without a problem tongue

I am getting the errors

Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /home/www/htdocs/stefan-goehring.net/rockberg-verein/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 685

Notice: Undefined variable: redirect_error in /home/www/htdocs/stefan-goehring.net/rockberg-verein/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 429

before the content and the following errors:

Notice: Undefined index: scheme in /home/www/htdocs/stefan-goehring.net/rockberg-verein/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 2546

Notice: Undefined index: host in /home/www/htdocs/stefan-goehring.net/rockberg-verein/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 2546

after the content.

Everything works fine, these errors decrease only the optical professionality... shocked

The provider runs php on safe mode.

See my site at: http://www.rockberg-verein.de
      • 1,131 Posts
      My guess is that there are some PHP settings that are currently disabled that need to be on. Hmm...a little more info on what your PHP configuration may be needed. Any way I could gain access to the manager to look at your configuration? If not, create a phpinfo.php file in the root of your site with the following code:

<?php
      phpinfo();
      ?>

After saving the file to the root of your site, visit it and make sure that it works then forward me the URL. I’ll take a look at it and see if I can determine what settings need to change. Might just be a matter of adding a few lines to your htaccess file to make it work. smiley

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 5 Posts
        you’ve got a PM!
          • 1,131 Posts
          Ok...there are a few settings that are a bit different but the one that sticks out for me is register_globals. This should be set to off since it can pose as a possible security risk. If you can’t turn it off via your php.ini file, then add the following line to your htaccess file in the root of your site:

php_flag register_globals off

Hopefully that will do the trick. smiley
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 5 Posts
            hey bravado thanks for your answer!
            i edited the .htaccess file in the root of my webspace (no chance to edit the php.ini) and added the proposed line. after saving i transferred it back there and got a nice internal server error 500. i tried both tranfer types: binary and text with the same result. i’ll write a mail to my provider (evanzo.de) and i’ll see what they can or want do.
            • Those are errors of level NOTICE and should not be displayed unless the $modx->stopOnNotice is set to true in your index.php. Did you modify this file to set stopOnNotice=true? If not, this smells like an issue with the PHP config not allowing you to set the error reporting levels properly.
              • Also, I recommend disabling the visitor logging feature in your System Configuration; this is the culprit of the errors following the content.
                  • 5 Posts
                  Hi OpenGeek! Thanks for your advice!

I turned visitor logging off and i didn’t change the stopOnNotice variable in the index.php. I checked it - it is still set to false. Visitor logging caused the errors below the content (double-checked smiley)

Now the errors below the content are gone, but I still get the error
                  Notice: Undefined variable: php_errormsg in /home/www/htdocs/stefan-goehring.net/rockberg-verein/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 685
                  and when calling the intial page additionally this one:
                  Notice: Undefined variable: redirect_error in /home/www/htdocs/stefan-goehring.net/rockberg-verein/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php on line 429

I send you a PM with the phpinfo output url of my site!
                  • What version of MODx are you running, just 0.9.2 or 0.9.2.1? Patching your install to 0.9.2.1 will get rid of the second error. The first error can be fixed by changing the two lines starting at 685 from:
                            if ($msg /* $php_errormsg is not defined!!!! && $php_errormsg */
                                ) {

to one line:
                    if ($msg && isset( $php_errormsg )) {

The odd thing is again, if stopOnNotice is not set to true, then these should be ignored by the MODx error handler and according to your default error_reporting level from PHP ini, everything appears to be configured properly. I’ll try and dig into this more when I get some more time.

Now from your phpinfo, I see you are running PHP 4.3.0, and though technically MODx does work on this version of PHP, the security holes and vulnerabilities in that version of PHP itself are worth upgrading. If this is a hosting provider, I honestly suggest changing to a provider that at least stays up to date with security patches for the web environment.
                      • 1,131 Posts
                      Funny I didn’t notice the PHP version...but, yeah, you’re right OpenGeek. If his hosting provider is unwilling or is not going to be upgrading PHP for a while then I would probably suggest switching hosting providers too. Believe me...I’ve had my run with hosting providers. In fact, I’ve switched probably three times in the last year alone in search of the right one.
                        Jeff Whitfield