We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 180 Posts
    There are still several hardcoded language strings in the Manager. These are the ones I’ve found.

• In Reports/System Information: the headers of the database table, ie Table name, Records, Data size, Overhead, Effective size, Index size, Total size

• Same table: at the bottom - the Totals header

• Same table: all the popups

• In Reports/View manager logs: the whole page

• In Reports/System Events: the Search field and the Go button

• In Tools/Backup: "Click here to..." (shouldn’t this be styled differently?), "Generate DROP TABLE statements" and the table (headers top/bottom, popups, ie the same as the SysInfo table).

• In Security/Manager Users, Security/Web Users, Modules/Manage Modules: the "Go" button in the search bar

• The Manager home page: Inbox

Another question regarding the lang file. Will the eight QuickEdit definitions be moved to the QuickEdit lang file or should they remain in the main file? Does it make a difference were they are (since I’ve already moved them)?
      • 283 Posts
      Quote from: Pont at Oct 28, 2006, 10:14 AM

There are still several hardcoded language strings in the Manager. These are the ones I’ve found.

• In Reports/System Information: the headers of the database table, ie Table name, Records, Data size, Overhead, Effective size, Index size, Total size

• Same table: at the bottom - the Totals header

• Same table: all the popups

• In Reports/View manager logs: the whole page

• In Reports/System Events: the Search field and the Go button

• In Tools/Backup: "Click here to..." (shouldn’t this be styled differently?), "Generate DROP TABLE statements" and the table (headers top/bottom, popups, ie the same as the SysInfo table).

• In Security/Manager Users, Security/Web Users, Modules/Manage Modules: the "Go" button in the search bar

• The Manager home page: Inbox

Another question regarding the lang file. Will the eight QuickEdit definitions be moved to the QuickEdit lang file or should they remain in the main file? Does it make a difference were the are (since I’ve already moved them)?

If you want this to be corrected quickly, open a FlySpray ticket and add a post in this thread.
      Be sure to check the last 0.9.5 beta 5 ( the last SVN release should be better) and check the BugReport this is not already posted.
      I’ve made this for hard coded string in manager (user and webuser page) and this is already corrected
        • 958 Posts
        Hello,

on line no.516 ,... is there every thing okay?

$_lang["module_viewdepend_msg"] = 'Here you can view the assigned resources that the module depends on. Click on the \'Manager Dependencies\' button to modify the dependencies';

the line is all about "Modules" ...
        but the value description? mentioned to "manager dependencies"

by the way, i didn’t check it live to be sure about it, but if it is a mistake you may interested to correct it for others wanted to translate.

sincerely
        mohsen.
          [img]http://i10.tinypic.com/52c4eir.gif[/img][/td]
          [td][Wiki] [Persian support forum]
          [SVN] [RTL SVN Branch] [bugs] [FishEye+Crucible] [Learn MODx!] | [My Google Code]
          [font=tahoma][برای دسترسی به راهنمای فارسی به [url=http://www.modxcms.ir]
          • 74 Posts
          MODx 0.9.5 European Portuguese (pt-pt) translation. All files with Western-European (ISO) - iso-8859-1 encoding
          Includes translations for:

• Manager interface and country list
          • Ditto snippet
          • Eform snippet
          • QuickEdit module
          • DocManager module
          • [li]TinyMCE plugin (includes Official Moxiecode TinyMCE Portuguese translation)

INSTALLATION:
          Unzip and upload to your MODx Base dir.

Tested on MODx 0.9.5 rev 2106

It’s my christmas present to the MODx community wink
          Enjoy!
          JP

EDIT: updated file to include some minor fixes, mostly to support Ditto 1.0.2 and eForm 1.4.2

EDIT 2: I’d appreciate if people test these files and give me feedback to improve this. I’d like to have this included in the MODx package - PT is a popular language where I work and that would raise significantly MODx’s profile as a viable tool. To the dev team: do you have already a date for the "All-language" MODx distribution?

Note 1: As I was translating the Countries list, I noticed some inconsistencies (Some non-independent territories are listed, while others are not), made me think maybe we should stick to a sort of internationally accepted standard countries list (don’t know where to find one though...). Also, as the countries name’s can change between languages, it would be great if the countries could be sorted in the combo boxes (and other site listings). For instance, Germany is Alemanha in portuguese. Doesn’t make sense for it to appear next to Ghana!! Don’t know how to change this though... sad

Note 2: For the TinyMCE Portuguese translation to work, you must upload all files to your server and change the Plugin (inside the manager, not the tpl file!!) as follows:

SOLUTION 1:
          Add the following 3 lines:
          			case "portuguese":
          			$returnlang = "pt";
          			break;

Before these two, inside the function [tt]getTinyMCELang($lang)[/tt]:
          			default:
          			$returnlang = "en";

-----------------------------------

SOLUTION 2:
          Apparently solution 1 does not work as of MODx 0.9.5 rev 2106 (the [tt]$tinymce_language handle[/tt] doesn’t seem to work), so you will have to hardcode the language in the following line (Just replace the sting [tt]{$tinymce_language}[/tt] with "pt" (no quotes):
          		  external_link_list_url : "{$base_url}assets/plugins/tinymce/modxLinkList.php",
          		  remove_script_host : {$remove_script_host},
          		  language : "pt", //< --- LINE TO CHANGE

This is a temporary solution (works perfectly for me!) - in future versions of MODx and the TinyMCE plugin solution 1 should work!
          -----------------------------------
          Tested with MODx 0.9.5 rev 2106 and TinyMCE 2.0.8

EDIT3: removed the old file since there’s a newer version in the full Portuguese Language Pack - see this thread for the updated version
            Got Music? Try XSPFjukebox - Skinnable MODx Media Player
            • 161 Posts
            Here is the german language file for docmanger.
            • Do you have a complete German translation done?
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 161 Posts
                Not yet laugh

But what about a german translation of the main language file? Here you are.

There is somewhere at the forums an alternative version. It’s just some days old. When I found it, it was too late. smiley
                  • 161 Posts
                  Here is a german language file for eForm 1.4.3 This eForm-version is a newer one than the one delivered with MODx 0.9.5