We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for SkinGraft.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    SkinGraft is a MODx template management module. It allows you to install template packages (zip files) edit templates, set defaults, etc...

Please see the SkinGraft wiki in the MODx wiki for documentation before posting a question.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 1,193 Posts
      I started a wiki for this module.
      The first post has been edited with a link to it.

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 26 Posts
        i manually installed skingraft .

however, this is the error i get:

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tag86/public_html/manager/processors/execute_module.processor.php(103) : eval()’d code on line 11

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required ’/home/tag86/public_html/assets/modules/skingraft/lang/english.lang.php’ (include_path=’/home/tag86/public_html/manager/includes/’) in /home/tag86/public_html/manager/processors/execute_module.processor.php(103) : eval()’d code on line 11

please help.
          • 1,193 Posts
          It means that it can’t find the language file located in "[your MODx root]/assets/modules/skingraft/lang/english.lang.php"
          make sure that the file is there. It contains all the text in the module, you can not run SkinGraft without it.

Just as a note, If you are having problems with the MODx Resource wizard, you will probably have similar problems with SkinGraft as they use the same zip library for handling zip archives.

-sD-

• 26 Posts
            I have already installed your resource wizard. however, it does install the packages.

the error keeps popping up:

Evaluation of your resource.
            This does not appear to be a valid MODx Resource Wizard package.

please help
              • 26 Posts
              The skingraft has been installed. But I could not see it the way the screenshot shows it. why?
                • 1,193 Posts
                That’s a good question. maybe there was a problem and it did not get installed right.

• 26 Posts
                  I have reinstalled/upgraded the skingraft. it looks fine now. but there is yet this issue -

i have tried installing the banzai packages sg.zip files. but what i get in the skingraft is this error message: THIS IS NOT A SKINGRAFT PACKAGE. SKINGRAFT PACKAGES ARE "ZIP" FILES.

I downloaded the files from http://modxcms.com/SkinGraft-1149.html.

what’s wrong? any help?
                  • Maybe something with the way your browser handles zip files? I just downloaded the package, and installed the templates with no problem at all.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      I have updated this module in the repository.
                      http://www.modxcms.com/SkinGraft-1.0-1148.html

Version 1.0.1 has lines 355-370 in sg.inc.php commented out.
                      theses are the lines that make sure the file you are trying to upload/install has mimetype "application/zip".
                      If you try to upload a file that is not a zip, you will generate a severe error, erase your modx installation, and if you are on a shared host, ruin the lives of hundreds of other users. Just kidding, but you will get an error, and the file you tried to upload that is not a zip will get stuck in the folder /assets/modules/skingraft/tmp/ so you will have to delete it manually.

here is the code that was commented out for 1.0.1

/**
                      		* @ COMMENTED OUT DUE TO SOME HOSTS NOT RECOGNIZING 
                      		*   .ZIP FILES AS CORRECT MIME TYPE.  IF YOUR HOST
                      		*   CAN IDENTIFY .ZIP AS "application/zip", YOU CAN
                      		*   REMOVE THESE COMMENT STARS.

/*
                      		$ttype = $_FILES['userfile']['type'];
                      		if ($ttype !== "application/zip") {
                      			$dec_arr = array('upload'=>$_sgl['back_b']);
                      			$declare = "<h2>".$_sgl['exam_zip']."</h2>";
                      			$declare .= $this->sg_foot($dec_arr);
                      			unlink($uf);
                      			return $declare;
                      		}
                      		*/

Thanks to Jesster444 for this find.

-sD-