We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,193 Posts
    Myrtlebeach...
    I sent you a PM on the subject.

-sD-
    Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist.
      Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
      All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
      • 2 Posts
      Got your message VIA E-mail I am going to check the PMB now.. I actually did a manual install and that seemed to work great! However, I would like to figure out what is happening here and maybe someone else will experience the same problem and it will help them in the future...

Thanks
        • 1 Posts
        I’m getting the same problem - I can’t install the resource. Any ideas? Maybe you can post a solution?
          • 1,193 Posts
          Quote from: kellygrape at Nov 24, 2006, 12:14 AM

I’m getting the same problem - I can’t install the resource.  Any ideas?  Maybe you can post a solution?
          Try this link.
          Make sure you follow the directions very closely in the post, especially the parts regarding folder permissions.
          Let me know if you get SkinGraft up and running after this.  If you have questions about the MODx Resource Wizard, please post in that fourum thread.

-sD-
            Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 6 Posts
            Hi @ all !

I need some help....I RECIEVE SOME ERROR MESSAGE !!!!! sad

When i try to install some templates with SkinGraph....and i recieve this error message :

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/skingraft/tmp/Black_and_Blue_Template_1.zip): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/skingraft/sg.inc.php on line 349

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpLPiUuq' to '/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/skingraft/tmp/Black_and_Blue_Template_1.zip' in /hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/skingraft/sg.inc.php on line 349
            There was an error. The file was not uploaded. Check the folder CHMOD.

AND.... When i try to install some packages with MODx Resource Wizard, i recieve this message ERROR :

Evaluation of your resource.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/hsphere/local/home//xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/wizard/eval/bbcode_plugin.modxpkg.zip): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home//xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/wizard/wizard.class.php on line 120

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpk5LqqH' to '/hsphere/local/home/xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/wizard/eval/bbcode_plugin.modxpkg.zip' in /hsphere/local/home//xxxx/xxxx.ws/assets/modules/wizard/wizard.class.php on line 120
            The MODx Resource Wizard package could not be uploaded to the server.

Many thanks for your help smiley

Philou83
              • 1,193 Posts
              As you can see by the error
              The file was not uploaded. Check the folder CHMOD.

You need to set the permissions of the /assets/modules/wizard/ folder as well as its subfolders to be writable try CHMOD 0755 or 0777.

-sD-

• 6 Posts
                @ Dr. Scotty Delicious : Many Thanks for your help smiley

Trouble = Fix

Soluce : A lot of folder must been CHOD to 777

PS : I love your site’s design ( http://scottydelicious.com/ ) smiley
                  • 1,193 Posts
                  Quote from: philou83 at Jan 18, 2007, 03:47 PM

@ Dr. Scotty Delicious : Many Thanks for your help smiley

Trouble = Fix

Soluce : A lot of folder must been CHOD to 777

PS : I love your site’s design ( http://scottydelicious.com/ ) smiley

Yeah... the folder permissions will get you every time. Documentation is pretty sparse for this module, but I remember mentioning the folder permissions thing before. I will add that to the first post to try and avoid confusion.

Thank you for the compliment on my website, which is of course 100% powered by MODx and 35% fueled by evil!

-sD-

• 1 Posts
                    The SkinGraft install instructions tells me to use the MODx Resource Wizard to install SkinGraft. Unfotunately the latest version of the MODx Resource Wizard on this site (1.8.5) doesn’t work with the current SkinGraft version for me. Manually installed the new MODx Resource Wizard from http://www.scottydelicious.com/MODx/MODx_Resource_Wizard.2.1.0.modxpkg.zip. This seems to work now. Find the link to the latest version here: http://scottydelicious.com/MODx/mrw_version.inc
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      ScottyDelicious Reply #30, 17 years ago
                      or here:
                      http://piratemachine.org/software/modxresourcewizard.html

or here....
                      http://piratemachine.org/downloads.html

I would prefer it if the piratemachine.org links were used as they take advantage of the MODx "FileDownload" snippet and help me organize files and maintain download statistics for monitoring my bandwidth.

Please be polite.

BTW, if you have read even just the last few pages of the MODx Resource Wizard thread you will know that this is not new information. I assume you are just trying to help, but please read the thread first, thanks wink

-sD-