We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 101 Posts
    Ok, I can breath again, all problems solved now, installed revo for each domain and added some additional add-ons to solve the login problem, so it’s all back up and running!

Apologies for being impatient, but I’ve been to hell and back these 2 days, glad it’s all over
      Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this.
      • 3 Posts
      I seem to have exactly the same problem - the url parameter passed to phpthumb is invalid. It was all working in 2.0.8. This is the generated img src, the red stuff is the problem:

"http://www.asparagusaudio.co.za/assets/components/gallery/connector.php?action=web/phpthumb&w=100&h=100&zc=1&far=C&q=90&src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theradium.co.zahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.asparagusaudio.co.za%2Fassets%2Fcomponents%2Fgallery%2Ffiles%2F1%2F1.jpg"

Some details of the setup:

- modx 2.1.1 (advanced install)
      - multi context/domain setup
      - core has been moved out of the web root into a folder called modx
      - host is linux (dreamhost)
      - www.asparagusaudio.co.za is the ’root’ domain, with www.theradium.co.za being the site with the gallery

I have attached a screen shot of the context-specific settings I have tried.

I’d like to fix this if possible, as I’m reluctant to abandon the multi-domain setup. If only because it’s been a fair curve to get this far.

Thanks

• 101 Posts
        Hi, I’m sorry, but I didn’t find a solution for this problem in the multdomain/context setup. I had to split up the 2 domains in 2 revo installs to get this working again.

I just copied the complete setup to the second domain, another database and deleted the contexts that I didn’t need on both revo installs.

It’s the same as moving your site to a new server, you can follow the steps here:
        http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server

For me this was the fastest solution, because the site was already live.

Now I also have a copy of the complete site in a local mamp-webserver, so I can test the updates before applying it to a live website.
          • 534 Posts
          Sorry, but this is not solved at all^^, big time issues since upgrade to revo 2.1.1pl (traditional) and gallery 1.2.1pl...I only messed around with one installation (got 503 errors all the time...catastrophic...worse than no images shown =D) and try now to reconstruct it with the "untouched" installation which has 2.1.1pl and gallery 1.2.0rc1 which worked properly before the update to 2.1.1pl...I’ll try it step by step and document it here. Hope it helps...

I know it’s a combination of these both versions because I had gallery v1.2.0rc1 working properly in a 2.0.8 and a 2.1.0 (not 100% sure about that one...don’t know what version it really was before upgrading to 2.1.1, but it was a more recent one...) image thumbnails are not shown in either frontend or backend, just the following:

Frontend:

Backend:

Obviously there’s nothing nothing shown at all...I googled, found this https://github.com/splittingred/Gallery/issues/97 at GitHub, commented because that was an issue before the update to 2.1.1...

I had a look at the frontend code with firebug, got the source of one of the not shown thumbs and just entered it in the browser address bar like this:

http://www.domain.tld/assets/components/gallery/connector.php?action=web/phpthumb&w=130&h=130&zc=1&far=C&q=85&src=%2Fassets%2Fsite%2Fmedia%2Fmedia.gallery%2F7%2F91.jpg

the result was (sorry for the german...means "Access denied" =D):
          {"success":false,"message":"Zugriff verweigert.","total":0,"data":[],"object":[]}

i thought...ok...this must be something about the paths, phpthumb didn’t even show up^^...so I found this thread and tried a bit around after reading the above posts...I started on the phpthumb thing because it affects both back- and frontend, just no more thumbnails...so there must be something wrong.

In the system settings under "gallery" I found those:

had a look at the assets/components/ folder but there’s nothing like /phpthumb/ ...why is this path like that...can’t explain it...there’s nothing to find^^? I know that there is a phpthumb folder in /core/model/phpthumb/ so I pointed the path to this folder...now it looked like that:

but sadly this didn’t have any effect, I then tried the phpthumb_document_root setting mentioned above (found under core > phpthumb) and set the document root like this (I didn’t have much hope on this...paths work fine for all my modx sites on this host and this isn’t even a multi-context setup):

Cleared CMF / Browser cache / Cleared sessions and reloaded the page...no change in the frontend nor in the backend. This no-images-displayed problem affects the thumbs and the linked images...both because of the dependance from phpthumb.

That was the end of the story for that page (with gallery 1.2.0rc1 installed), didn’t see any alternatives to use phpthumb in this scenario =/...

While writing this, something strange happened to the other page with gallery 1.2.1pl installed (and some settings corrected/changed)...I now have images and thumbnails, but it’s painfully slow until they are in the cache (I had several 503 errors (out of capacity with brand new server hardware...upgraded yesterday^^) because of this and I know where it comes from... When I did the same setting changes as above, I recieved the debug messages from phpthumb (so there the changed settings had an effect...) but it threw an error because of "outside of root" line 1066 in phpthumb.class.php or something like that (sorry, don’t want to reproduce it right now because all the caching took hours...I’ll update later with the 1.2.0rc1 page). Because of that, I changed the system setting under core > phpthumb "phpthumb_allow_src_above_docroot" from "No"/false to "Yes"/true...after I did this, the whole 503 error thing began, but I also recieved slowly thumbnails and images, one by one^^...like 1996 with a 37k modem =)...this is not acceptable in the long run, but it’s better than angry customers with no images (and I just can’t clear the CMF cache anymore...for now).

If you can, plz digg into this problem shaun, I/we would really appreciate that, if you need more infos, I’ll try to post them here!

thanks in advance and keep up the good work with gallery, love this snippet when it works like expected =)
            • 101 Posts
            Hi, this topic is about using multiple contexts with multiple domains, I didn’t have any problems in the backend with Gallery

you should check this topic:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,65166.0.html

Also check your gallery paths in system settings
            gallery.assets_path
            gallery.assets_url
            gallery.core_path
            gallery.files_path
            gallery.files_url
              • 534 Posts
              thanks for the link, I already checked every path related and they seem to be correct...I posted the "2.1.1 with 1.2.1pl"-Update in the thread you mentioned.

I think my problem has it’s origin in the modified file structure, I don’t have my gallery images inside the assets/components/gallery/files/ folder but when I allow this with the core > phpthumb system setting "phpthumb_allow_src_above_docroot" I get a 503 error in most cases and the thumbs are loaded only partwise and very slowly...have no solution yet^^
                • 4 Posts
                I had to upgrade to Revo 2.1.1 and gallery 1.2.0pl to get Gallery working. smiley I completely uninstalled and removed the previous Gallery packages, deleted the modx_gallery tables in phpAdmin and deleted all my albums before installing gallery 1.2.0pl just to make sure it would work. I also manually deleted the files in /core/cache/phpthumb

From what I have gathered from my own experiences Revo 2.0.8 pl works with Gallery 1.2.0 rc1 but loses images when updated to rc2 and/or pl. If you upgrade Revo 2.0.8 pl to 2.1.1 (whilst Gallery 1.2.0 rc1 is installed) you lose your images and Gallery 1.2.0 pl doesn’t work with Revo 2.0.8 pl either.

I am dreading trying to update Gallery again to a later release as I do not want upload all my photos again! >:(
                  • 534 Posts
                  The scenario togi_one outlined is exactly the one I would like to avoid e.g. removing everything related to gallery and reinstall it including uploading all images again, order them, disable and so on...easy 2-4 hours of work^^...but maybe I’ll have to do this...

revo 2.1.1 and 1.2.x-pl is working alright then?
                    • 534 Posts
                    sry for double post...

I tried what togi_one suggested...removing everything (including db-tables) that had something to do with gallery and re-install it cleanly...I still have the slowness-problem after that, thumbs get generated veeeeery slowly and it doesn’t seem to be a img-size problem (I have max 900px width images, max-size around 500k, but also a 900px and 50k image doesn’t get generated faster...).

I also could reproduce the no-thumbnails issue (details here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,65166.0.html) when changing the files.path for the gallery images to something else than /assets/components/gallery/files/ ... I don’t know if this is wanted behavior or just a bug... The phpthumb system setting "phpthumb_allow_src_above_docroot" seems to be responsible for that, I still have to set it to "Yes" if I want my images outside of the /assets/components/gallery/files/ folder...still get 503 errors until all thumbs are generated one time, the thumbnail generating process is unacceptable slow...does anybody else have this issue? What could be the problem? Is it the server or the script?

How long does it take on your sites to display the thumbs for a gallery containing 25 images in the backend?

The zoom-crop-issue seems to be fixed, thanks for that.

Another question are the gallery settings for the phpthumb paths...they don’t seem to have any functionality...changing or leaving the "nowhere-pointing" paths doens’t seem to have any effect...for what are these two settings used?