We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,975 Posts
    Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #1, 19 years ago
    Hi all here,

While surfing on the web I came across to the new bulletin board software which is still in its BETA stages, but feature wise it is likely in pursuit of IPB,

Take a look on it here http://support.jaia-interactive.com/

You can download it here at main page of the site http://www.jaia-interactive.com/

In my opinion it is worthy to look at it smiley

Best regards,

zi
      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
      • 577 Posts
      this was posted on it's own here.
      Thanks for the link!

http://support.jaia-interactive.com/

Now, one question is what are the issues with licences and such? Wasn't IPB a problem to deal with? For example: building bridges and such between 2 different code sets and such?
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
        • 577 Posts
          Tangent-Warrior smiley
        • [Mod note]
          Bah! Stupid PHPbb... can't merge threads by default. I personally can't wait for an alternate forum with integration working with MODx!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 577 Posts
            Just for information.

ZI posted the orginal link for mytopix ... I just brought it over since I thought it was interesting.
              Tangent-Warrior smiley
              • 1 Posts
              MyTopix license is incompatible w/ the GPL.

Among the highlights: you are only allowed one installation to be accessable by one URL, you may not reverse engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works based on the Software for distribution or usage outside your web site, distribute the Software, or modify the software to function in more than instance or location (URL, domain, subdomain, etc.) from a single set of source program files unless each location is separately licensed.

It really looks like they intend to charge for it once it comes out of beta. Regardless, from the way I read the EULA, even if you were to create modifications to allow it to run in the CMS, the best you could do is distribute the instructions to tell others how to do it, too-- you couldn't distribute the actual mods themselves.

Not sure this is important or not, just thought I'd point it out.
                • 21 Posts
                i am going to be start working on integrating SMF as soon as I can. I have been playing around with it a lot, and the end goal being MODx as cms, SMF as the forums, and Gallery1.5 as the album. this is going to replace my current audi community site. been playing with mkportal which ties into smf really easily and i would like to start reverse engineering how they tie together. There are some really nice features with SMF out the box that just arent there for phpBB.
                  www.detroitunderground.net
                  www.dtwaudi.com
                  www.greymatterhosting.com
                  new flash site in the works
                  • 56 Posts
                  Quote from: indica at May 10, 2005, 05:00 AM

i am going to be start working on integrating SMF as soon as I can. I have been playing around with it a lot, and the end goal being MODx as cms, SMF as the forums, and Gallery1.5 as the album. this is going to replace my current audi community site. been playing with mkportal which ties into smf really easily and i would like to start reverse engineering how they tie together. There are some really nice features with SMF out the box that just arent there for phpBB.

Any progress with this?
                    • 150 Posts
                    I know it’s possibly considered rude resurrecting a really old topic, especially as a first post (Hi by the way! wink), but thought some folks might like to know that MyTopix is now GPL (and nearing a final release laugh).

Now then... I was going to post about something else as well... just can’t remember what it was wink
                      Notanotherdotcom Ltd

Web | Print | Marketing
                    • Congrats on your pending final release and newfound OS status. smiley
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me