We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 21 Posts
    I just started playing around with smf and really was impressed. now i got carried away playing built a theme to match my main site and want to figure the best way to integrate the two login systems.

any thoughts?

thanks,

todd
      www.detroitunderground.net
      www.dtwaudi.com
      www.greymatterhosting.com
      new flash site in the works
    • There'll be a couple of plugin demos coming soon that might help with that. In the interim, you might describe how the logins work here and perhaps Raymond could offer some advice.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 56 Posts
        The possibility to integrate SMF to a certain extend would be fantastic.
        • SMF? Link, please?
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 3,975 Posts
            Zaigham (aka zi) Reply #5, 19 years ago
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
              • 21 Posts
              forum board, really freaking nice!! i think i am starting to like it better then phpBB... which isnt really saying all that much... ;p but out the box it has a way better feature set and the mods are pretty nice too!

www.simplemachines.org

heres one instance i am working on now if you wanna check it out.

http://smf.greymatterhosting.com/

let me know what you guys think of the layout/css...
                www.detroitunderground.net
                www.dtwaudi.com
                www.greymatterhosting.com
                new flash site in the works
                • 1 Posts
                I fully integrated it into an alternate implementation-- user accounts, management from w/in the manager, etc. It isn't overly complicated, the unified accounts were the hardest part. It does, however, break a lot of compatibility with stock modx or etomite as the user object, permissions, sessions, and authentication is considerably different.

On the otherhand, if you don't mind that, it works very, very nicely.
                  • 577 Posts
                  hmmm, what was the origin to simplemachines ....
                  Was it yabbSE (or just yabb) that was (forked) to become simplemachines.
                  IF I remember correctly yabb was having serious security issues and therefore the move to yabbSE (???).

One reason why I never looked at this seriously was just because of the license. I had been trying to stick with GPL based options for what I was doing at the time.

However, with that said, simplemachines has been doing very well and each release looking that much better.

hmmm, I wonder what the defualt BB is going to be for modX :wink:
                    Tangent-Warrior smiley
                    • 1,732 Posts
                    I've just looked at SMF and must say that it blows away phpBB by far.

It's the best open-source forum that I've every seen. I think it's on par with (or better) than IPB. And the themes! Man they are very very cool!!!

So you want it to integrate with MODx web users, right? Single sign-on? Maybe something like a plugin?
                      xWisdom
                      www.xwisdomhtml.com
                      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                      MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
                      • 56 Posts
                      Indeed xWisdom