We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    Many thx again! It seems that it’s working. Except one thing: I’ve translated the name of the months and days, but the site only displays the english one. Any idea, why?
    But except that, everything is OK!
      • 788 Posts
      The days and names inside the snippet code are only for the calendar output. If you are using the list output, you will have to reference the documentation at:

http://us2.php.net/strftime (requires the file with "strftime()" be pasted into the snippet.

Month and weekday names and other language dependent strings respect the current locale set with setlocale().

On another note, I am glad it is working as this version should alleviate all the problems people were having using this in an setting outside the USA.
        Jesse R.
        Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
        Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
        Donate now. Every contribution helps.
        • 1 Posts
        Using GoogleEvents with PHP5/Strict required a few changes to stop getting errors....

In the Snippet code add this line...

date_default_timezone_set(’America/Los_Angeles’);

And do this...

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/web/php/simplepie/simplepie.inc on line 709

To quick solve this problem, do (at bash command line):

vim simplepie.inc
        :%s/=& new/= new/g
        :wq
        Done!
          • 788 Posts
          Thanks for the advice. Another way if not needing to run in Strict mode is to change your error reporting level in php.ini.
            Jesse R.
            Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
            Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
            Donate now. Every contribution helps.
            • 10 Posts
            Hello, please can you help a newbie with a content background (I’m no web developer)?

GoogleEvents looks ideal for displaying the rehearsal and concert schedule on our big band’s web site, that I’ve taken over and built in MODx 1.0.2, but I can’t get it to display anything on the page. I’m sure I must be doing something very simple wrong. The call I’m currently using is this:

[!GoogleEvents?dayNameSize=`3`&outputType=`list`&maxEvents=`50`&lastEvent=`365`&email=`[ourcalendar]@gmail.com`&dateFormat=`D,Mj`!]

I’ve tried adding in spaces between parameters, taking them out etc. but all I’m seeing on the page is the title that I’ve put in as text, not even an error message. Is it a syntax error?

A possibly related question is this: the readme instructions give the parameters and sample snippets followed by a list of placeholders, separated by the (to me) intriguiing sentence

The placeholders that you can use in the chunks passed to the snippet for a template are:

Does this mean the snippet won’t work without using chunks that I’d have to code myself? Is this the "something obvious" I’m missing?

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but another snippet on another page (SimpleSlideShow) has also suddenly stopped working - well I say stopped working, but actually the page is defaulting to the home page (presumably an error and I have return to home page in the event of an error set in the config). All I have done is add the installation/site sub-directory to .htaccess and set the site ready to use friendly URLs (which aren’t working yet because the chap who has control of the domain hasn’t pointed it correctly yet).

Thank you very much in advance!