We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 788 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for GoogleEvents.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Will display information from your Google Calendar in a list and/or calendar format Fully customizable with Chunks and CSS.

Known Issues:

This snippet has trouble correctly finding the "Where" information. I am likely going to completely overhaul this snippet on 1/9/07, and hopefully will have solved that issue. However, it might lose the ability to do recurring events (I have to look into a solution for that). FIXED (Hopefully) - http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,8563.msg60320.html#msg60320
      Jesse R.
      Consider trying something new and extraordinary.
      Illinois Wine

Have you considered donating to MODx lately?
      Donate now. Every contribution helps.
      • 3 Posts
      I find this snippet is a great idea. However, I can’t use it...
      I always obtain as a result:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in D:\xampp\htdocs\modx\manager\includes\document.parser.class.inc.php(705) : eval()'d code on line 1

embarrassed

Is anyone able to explain me where I’m wrong?
      Thanks
        • 4,213 Posts
        remove <?php from the fist line of the snippet code and ?> from the end if there is one.

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
          • 3 Posts
          Thanks, it run well laugh

nice snippet!
            • 101 Posts
            I’m still relatively new to snippets and I could really use the event portion of this calendar, would you mind posting some example chunks for the templates?

In your example in your doc, you have the following:
             [!googleEvents?&dayNameSize=`1`&outputType=`both`&maxEvents=`20`&tplFirstRow=`GoogleEvents`&email=`[email protected]`&tplOddRow=`GoogleEventsOdd`&tplEvenRow=`GoogleEventsEven`&tplLastRow=`GoogleEventsLast`&order=`TRUE`!]

What would a &tplFirstRow=`GoogleEvents` chunk look like?

Thanks again for sharing this!
              • 788 Posts
              <!-- Text container -->
                   <div class="content1-container">
                        <a id="titleunderline"></a>
                        <div class="content1-container-1col">
              		<p class="content-title-shade-size2 bg-red10 txt-white box-on">[+eventNumber+] </p>
              		<p class="content-title-shade-size2 bg-red05 txt-white">[+title+]</p>                            
                      	<div class="content-txtbox-shade bg-red03">
                        	     <p><b>[+startDate+] from [+startTime+] - [+endTime+]</b></p>
                                   <p>[+content+]
                               </div>
              	  </div>
                    </div>

Now of course, I had CSS to style all the classes. But, you just need the placeholders. The stuff that is [+xxxxx+] to grab the information, and place it inside the appropriate HTML to style it as you want.
                Jesse R.
                Illinois Wine

• 187 Posts
                Hi,

I encounter problems with the snippet ’cause the url doesn’t fit - my Google Cal says it should be
                http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/[email protected]/public/basic, not public/full

I modified the snippet accordingly:

$file = 'http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/[email protected]/public/basic?start-min='.date('Y-m-d').'&start-max='.$startMax.'&orderby=starttime';

but I always get

« PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
                  Error: sort() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
                  Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
                  File: /var/www/MODx-0.9.1/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(748) : eval()’d code
                  Line: 209

Any clues?

Cheers, Frisco
                  • 187 Posts
                  Quote from: Frisco at Dec 08, 2006, 10:34 PM

I encounter problems with the snippet ’cause the url doesn’t fit - my Google Cal says it should be

Hi out there,

it’s strange, but the problem was only my gmail adress. I had it in the snippet call, but this wasn’t used, GoogleEvents took always the [email protected] which is in the snippet code. For my understanding it should be overridden, but changing the email-adress in the snippet code solved the problem.

Cheers, Frisco
                    • 788 Posts
                    If the parameter in the call is incorrectly given, it won’t be overridden. Can you paste your call that you are using? Also, the full provides more information than the basic.

Jesse
                      Jesse R.
                      Illinois Wine

• 187 Posts
                      Quote from: jesster444 at Dec 13, 2006, 04:33 PM

If the parameter in the call is incorrectly given, it won’t be overridden. Can you paste your call that you are using? Also, the full provides more information than the basic.

Hi Jesse,

yes, I’m using full now, it works. My call is the following:

[!GoogleEvents?dayNameSize=`full`&firstDay=`1`&outputType=`calendar`&tplFirstRow=`GEFirstRow`&calendarType=`wide`&email=`[email protected]`&dateformat=`d.m.Y`&timeformat=`H:i`!]

Cheers, Frisco