We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 47 Posts
    @AMDBuilder Didn't you have a site up using SimpleCart I could look at? Thank!
      Robert Tobys
      Managing Partner
      Green Goat Media

• Yes, send me an email and I can set you up an account tomorrow.
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 125 Posts
        Hi AMDbuilder, would I also be able to look at your simplecart site also? I'm struggling with it at the moment - especially the checkout process.
        • Hello Ficklelife,

I'm afraid that isn't going to be possible at this point in time. What is your problem, perhaps I can help?
            Patrick | Server Wrangler
            About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
            • 236 Posts
            Hi, I thought I'd add to this thread rather than start a new one.

I will be developing an ecommerce site fairly soon and I'm looking for a bit of advice on direction. Just before xmas I checked out Visioncart briefly and it seemed to fit the bill. I know they've had a few blips recently but I believe they are back on track with development. I'm still looking at other options though.

Here's what I'm considering:

MODX:
            Visioncart

SimpleCart - Looks nice but would like to try a demo.

Alternatives:
            Lemonstand - This looks really nice but I don't have any experience with it, any thoughts on learning curve?
            Magento - Not really an option. I tried it a few years ago briefly and it didn't grab me. I've also read lots of comments saying it's fairly taxing to develop.

I would love to hear from anyone who has used any of these.

Thanks!