We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,010 Posts
    Just added eForm version 1.4.1 to the repository. You can find it here

Besides squashing some annoying bugs some powerfull new events have been added. The changes are:

• Fixed: inconsistent casing in event names. All events params are now in the form &eFormOn...(although the &eformOn... will still work)
    • Fixed: If subject is a form field the value is cleared
    • Fixed: Missing language file produces fatal error. (Will now generate a debug message if debug is on)
    • Fixed: Missing ’replyto’ in AddAddressToMailer function.
    • Fixed: Erroneous closing slash (/) being added in <option ..> tags
    • Fixed: No whitespace before ’selected’ and ’checked’ attributes
    • Updated: Debug placeholder is now automatically added to form and thankyou template. It is not auto-added to the email message to avoid sending out sensitive info
    • New: Extra event parameter &eFormOnValidate (triggered after eForm validation has occurred)
    • New: Extra event parameter &eFormOnBeforeFormMerge (triggered when and before form is displayed)
    • New: Extra event parameter &eFormOnBeforeFormParse (triggered after template(s) are loaded and before they are parsed)
    • Updated: Event &eFormOnBeforeMailSent - when setting the $fields[’validationmesage’] in the event function eForm will now ’print’ the form with a validation message (thanks to Raymond)
      • 1,611 Posts
      Alright! I was just about to look for the latest eForm. I have a ShopX form that’s just a-waiting to make use of those new function calls...
        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
      • eform.xml? (And thanks for another great release!)
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 1,010 Posts
          Quote from: rthrash at Nov 01, 2006, 01:01 PM

eform.xml? (And thanks for another great release!)

Ah, yes.. that one slipped through when making the zip file. It’s not really necessary. I’m working on the timyMCE snippet plugin again and I want to try using the xml file to import settings into the plugin. More about that (much) later.
          • Is anyone having issues with 1.4.1 &thankyou param? I copied DIRECTLY all 3 chunks, and my 1.4 snippet call from an alternate site, and everything works fine except the fact that I do not get the Thank You upon form submittal. Caching is disabled, and this is my call:

[!eForm? &noemail=`true` &formid=`contact` &eFormOnBeforeMailSent=`eForm2db` &tpl=`contactform` &thankyou=`contactthanks` !]

:’(

Only difference is this new site is using 1.4.1 vs 1.4??
              Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
              MODx Ambassador / Contributor
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
              Confirmed!

You’ve hit a bug. Here’s a replacement that should get you going.
              It also fixes the problem with spaces in the sessionVars parameters as mention in this post
              • Awesome! Sorry to hear that it was a bug, but glad to help resolve it. It was killing me smiley Thanks for the quick turnaround, Toby!
                  [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                  Can I get a rousing cheer of "Hooray for open source software!" going?
                    "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                  • Quote from: ZAP at Nov 03, 2006, 06:13 PM

Can I get a rousing cheer of "Hooray for open source software!" going?
                    HOORAY! (All Caps, Too! wink)

What is your recommendation for the most efficieasdfnt way to Redirect a user to the Thank You page, rather just including it via ID/ChunkName?

<puts_on_dunce_hat>
                      Doh! ...I should know better to read the docs first. How could I forget about &gotoid?
                      </puts_on_dunce_hat>