We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    I have a similar problem.
    I have two computers on a LAN. One called "toledo" wich modXCMS running fine. Another called "porto" wich modXCMS can not display FCKEditor.

Both has the same modX source files. PHP 4.4.2, MySQL, Apache 2.

I can use modX from "porto" on "toledo" server, but cannot see edit on "porto" server either from "porto" or "toledo".

Heres the phpinfo files and screenshot.
      • 1,131 Posts
      Quote from: lcloss at Jun 17, 2006, 08:42 PM

I have a similar problem.
      I have two computers on a LAN. One called "toledo" wich modXCMS running fine. Another called "porto" wich modXCMS can not display FCKEditor.

Both has the same modX source files. PHP 4.4.2, MySQL, Apache 2.

I can use modX from "porto" on "toledo" server, but cannot see edit on "porto" server either from "porto" or "toledo".

Heres the phpinfo files and screenshot.

I’m not sure exactly why this is occuring for you. First thing I would try would be to check if the default editor is set to FCKEditor and resave the configuration settings and try again. If that doesn’t work, try would be to delete the /assets/plugins/fckeditor and copy a fresh version from the source files back in. Then, rerun the installer for the plugin to make sure that the plugin code itself is updated. Other than that, I’m not sure what the issue is. Without having access to the computer that’s having the problem, it’s difficult to pinpoint.
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 2 Posts
        Yeah, I spend a lot of hours on this problem. I had a upgrade on Apache server, and nothing... continuing the same.

I’ve got some errors on Apache error log:

[tt][Sun Jun 18 15:02:09 2006] [error] [client 192.168.50.7]
        File does not exist: E:/ApacheServer/Scripts/modxCMS-0-9-2-1/media, referer:
        http://porto.company.local/modxCMS-0-9-2-1/manager/[/tt]

I found on manager\frames\1.php that has this code:

[tt]src="../media/script/session.js"[/tt]

When I changed to src="media/script/session.js" that Apache error disappearing, but the other (FCKEditor) is keeping.

Finally, I clear cache files, and... Uauh! resolve!
        I can’t explain what happened, but, this problem was gone.

Thanks a lot for your attention.
        Luciano.
          • 1,131 Posts
          Yeah, the problem with the session.js file is already documented and fixed. It’ll be part of the next release. Weird how that can screw up FCKEditor though...hmm...
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."