We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 46 Posts
    As you can see in the attached screenprint, my fckeditor doesn’t appear. This is basically an out of the box modx installation with no modifications. Any ideas? huh
      • 145 Posts
      Does the FCKEditor appear in the manager for that document?
        Kunal Kapoor
        Technical Director
        Limesharp Internet Limited - Effective, Functional, Standards Compliant

IRC Nick: KingKoopa
        Skype ID: KingKoopa16
        • 46 Posts
        I just now checked and... no, it’s not there either. I’m re-uploading the plugins folder... will update when done.
          • 46 Posts
          OKAY! laugh

Re-uploaded the \assets\plugins\ folder. Must have been a faulty FTP upload.

I got that tip from the irc channel at freenode (#modx) . Thanks guys!
            • 145 Posts
            You’re most welcome! Glad you got it sorted.
              Kunal Kapoor
              Technical Director
              Limesharp Internet Limited - Effective, Functional, Standards Compliant

IRC Nick: KingKoopa
              Skype ID: KingKoopa16
              • 28 Posts
              I have a similar problem and thought i’d ask before trying to reload the plugin.

The FCKEditor isn’t showing up in the manager.  It does, however show up when i use quickedit from the site.  More importantly, the ’save’ button in the ’create/edit document’ page, doesnt work either.  So I can no longer create or edit any pages in the manager.  Changing the editor to ’non’ in the system config makes no difference either ... I still can’t create/edit pages.

MODx 0.9.2.1 (rev 1005)
              php 4.4.2
              mysql 4.0.25

same results in ie and opera

<edit>
              the fckeditor doesnt show up when i click ’edit content’ in manager mode either.
              </edit>
                • 7 Posts
                Hello,
                another modx newbie here... perhaps my problem is the same as yours?
                I installed modx and discovered that I had none of the modules, plugins and snippets installed sad
                I did a reinstall and this time looked more carefully at the install screens...

when the installer tries to install the modules, it encounters an error:
                >>> Field ’disabled’ doesn’t have a default value

and thats probably the end of it... Anyone has an idea of what happened here?

INSTALL PROGRESS LOG:
                ---------------------------------------
                Creating database `modx2`: OK!

Checking table prefix `modx_`: OK!

Creating database tables: OK!

Installing demo site: OK!

Writing configuration file: OK!

Chunks:

WebLoginSideBar: Upgraded

Module:

Field ’disabled’ doesn’t have a default value
                  • 28 Posts
                  update to my fckeditor problem...

from doing a little trouble shooting, it seems like my problem is in the database somewhere. would anyone happen to know which tables i should be looking in to see if there’s any corruption?

Onno: hello, sorry i can’t help you, but have you tried reinstalling?
                    • 7 Posts
                    Ok I found my solution...

The installer was complaining about missing default values on table columns.

To be precise, these we’re the tables and columns I had to remove the NOT NULL constraint from:

SITE_MODULES
                    -disabled
                    -icon
                    -resourcefile
                    -createdon
                    -editedon

SITE_SNIPPETS
                    -moduleguid

No everything works, also the FCKEditor (after I selected it as my default editor in System Configuration)
                      • 10 Posts
                      my FCKeditor icons did not show up either. I spent two hours debug the code but cannot find any problem. Finally, I turned back to forum to find for help. When I saw someone said "it’s FTP problem", I was like "No way, it must be something else". But I still re-uploaded the plugin. Guess what? It works!

That might work to your case too.