We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 33 Posts
    Hi,

A client of ours rang up today to tell us they could no longer see any files/folders or upload any files to their website. So I had a look and indeed none of their pdf’s, word docs etc that are in the assets/files folder were showing up in the FCKeditor filebrowser. I did notice a "Object Required" script error was being generated - URL: "..../manager/media/browser/mcpuk/frmfolders.html". Also getting an "invalid XML response from connector" when trying to upload a image or file. I can however create folders in the files folder but they dont appear - you can see them in the Resourses - Manage Files section of modx.

I’m using MODx version 0.9.5 and tinyMCE version 2.0.8

We’ve had issues with them uploading bad filenames before - like files starting with ’ or a ! or even a bullet point! these files broke the file browser in firefox. But it dosn’t look like they’ve uploaded anything funny, that would break it.

What’s my best course of action? Can I reinstall TinyMCE? Will a re-installation include the FCKeditor file browser? Or is there some other way to reset this?

Thanks for your help,
    Cliff.

• 33 Posts
      Bumpity bump! Sorry - I really need someone to help me out! embarrassed
        • 105 Posts
        Not sure if this is the same problem, but I ran across a similar problem with the images (well nothign for that matter) showing up in the Fie Editor with TinyMCE. This was only happening through Mac Firefox. Well, yesterday, I think I figured it out, and it’s odd. When using the editor, if I selected the Full screen icon , then the File browser wouldn’t display files at all. But when I close TinyMCE, and reopen it and DON’t click the full screen icon, the file browser works correctly.

I don’t know why, but that seems to work.

Hope this helps
          • 1 Posts
          I don’t know if it is the same problem I had when I installed FCKeditor, but you can check this out: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,10793.msg73367.html#msg73367 (the *edit* part).

Hope it helps.
            • 33 Posts
            Hey, Thanks for the replies, but unfortunatly it’s still not sorted!

I’ve discovered, the host updated the server its on from php4 to php5.2.1!! So I reckon that must have something to do with it. Is there some setting I need to change or anything? At this stage I’m thinking of doing a complete re-install, but I’d really rather not. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for your help,
            Cliff.
              • 1,131 Posts
              Quote from: cliff_ie at Mar 06, 2007, 03:00 PM

Hey, Thanks for the replies, but unfortunatly it’s still not sorted!

I’ve discovered, the host updated the server its on from php4 to php5.2.1!! So I reckon that must have something to do with it. Is there some setting I need to change or anything? At this stage I’m thinking of doing a complete re-install, but I’d really rather not. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for your help,
              Cliff.

Any chance you could let me login to the manager and take a peek at what’s going on? Might be able to put together some ideas based on the phpinfo page and some debugging. It all points to the file browser, which is agnostic to TinyMCE or FCKEditor. If we get that part fixed then everything else is cake. laugh

Jeff
                Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
                • 264 Posts
                We had a similar problem with umlauts and spaces in some file names. After renaming these files and folders (via ftp client) the fck resource browser worked fine.
                  • 33 Posts

Any chance you could let me login to the manager and take a peek at what’s going on? Might be able to put together some ideas based on the phpinfo page and some debugging. It all points to the file browser, which is agnostic to TinyMCE or FCKEditor. If we get that part fixed then everything else is cake. laugh

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for your kind offer, I’ve sent you a email about it.

Cheers,
                  Cliff
                    • 33 Posts
                    Quote from: yoomai at Mar 07, 2007, 08:47 AM

We had a similar problem with umlauts and spaces in some file names. After renaming these files and folders (via ftp client) the fck resource browser worked fine.

Thanks yoomai,

We’ve actually removed all of the files from the files folder to see if that was the problem - and unfortunatly it still wasn’t working!

Cheers,
                    Cliff.
                    • FYI, the resource browser will not work at all in Safari (use Firefox instead). I doubt that’s the issue, even though I had a client in exactly that boat, but just FYI ...
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me