We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    And what’s in the .htaccess file in the manager directory? Does it just say RewriteEngine Off? Try putting the SecFilterEngine Off line in the main htaccess file and see if that does the trick. There’s definitely a server configuration issue somewhere...it’s just a matter of figuring out what setting to change with the htaccess file.
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 32 Posts
      Where would I put that line and yes the one in manager just says RewriteEngine Off

Quote from: Bravado at Jan 31, 2006, 10:26 PM

And what’s in the .htaccess file in the manager directory?  Does it just say RewriteEngine Off?  Try putting the SecFilterEngine Off line in the main htaccess file and see if that does the trick.  There’s definitely a server configuration issue somewhere...it’s just a matter of figuring out what setting to change with the htaccess file.
      • Hi jminscoe,

If you add it in the main .htaccess file - the one you posted a minute ago.

I just found a file that wouldn’t open through the ModX file manager a minute ago - same error message as you were getting - and the ’SecFilterEngine Off’ seems to have done the trick for me.

Good luck, Garry
          Garry Nutting
          Senior Developer
          MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
          Twitter: @garryn
          Web: modx.com
          • 32 Posts
          Ok I solved it by putting in the .htaccess file
          <IfModule mod_security.c>
          # Turn off mod_security filtering.  
          SecFilterEngine Off

# The below probably isn’t needed, but better safe than sorry.
          SecFilterScanPOST Off
          </IfModule>
          right after # Rewrite directives here for SEF (Search Engine Friendly) URLs

RewriteEngine On
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

• 1,495 Posts
            Cool,
            thanks for telling us the solution.
              Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media