We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    It still does not work. thanks for helping though...
      Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
      I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 33)
      • 138 Posts
      Etomites tested there. It runs flawlessly.
      I wonder what could be wrong huh
      • PHP 4.2.3 will not work. You need at least 4.3.0. We’ll have to look into modifying the MODx error handling to support versions before 4.3.0. However, I would recommend not running MODx on a PHP version below 4.3.10, for security purposes, at least in a production environment.
          • 138 Posts
          Thanks, I got my answer, and yes I can confirm that Claranet is still using php version 4.2.3 on at least one of their servers. I know that they have a more recent server and I will check what PHP version they are running there.

Still I think it would be nice to either have a clear error message like "Sorry, MODx will not install due to the outdated PHP version your server is running, please update before installing MODx", or simply give the option to install and so be it.

Thanks again for your answer.

• Quote from: French at Mar 07, 2006, 10:52 PM

Still I think it would be nice to either have a clear error message like "Sorry, MODx will not install due to the outdated PHP version your server is running, please update before installing MODx", or simply give the option to install and so be it.
            Agreed French Frog! In fact there is a check, but I don’t think whomever added the class-based error-message handler realized it required version 4.3.0 or higher to work, because the check only reports an error if you have a version lower than 4.1.0
            :-[

I’ll be updating that right now, and will look into finding a workaround if that’s the only compatibility issue with versions before 4.3.0. I’ll let you know what I find.

Quote from: French at Mar 07, 2006, 10:52 PM

Thanks again for your answer.
            Not a problem. Cheers!