We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts

• Ask in english: could we imagine desactivate the message in the foot of content when there is no Related Links with the active page? (report to quote)
      A no sense for the page Contact-us for instance.

• La même question en français : peut-on désactiver dans le template par défaut la note en bas de page lorsqu’il n’y a pas de Lien connexe ? (voir le quote plus bas).
      C’est par exemple pas utile dans le formulaire de contact laugh

Related Links:

No related pages or links.

Thanks / merci
    • David, can you translate for me, please? :

The snippet needs to be modified to count the number of items returned, and if < 1, simply return nothing (make the header part of the returned data too).

Would make a great feature request at the tracker, actually. smiley
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 7,075 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Jan 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
        David, can you translate for me, please?

Yes I can

Basically, MOZx is asking how to turn off the related links feature in the default template. He says it doesn’t make sens to have it in the contact form. (Translating litterally there, it doesn’t make sense to me, at least as such).

Quote from: rthrash at Jan 25, 2006, 01:44 PM
        The snippet needs to be modified to count the number of items returned, and if < 1, simply return nothing (make the header part of the returned data too).

Would make a great feature request at the tracker, actually. smiley

Wouldn’t that be covered by the parameter

// $nonefound [ 'string' ]
           // What to return when no related  records are found.

in ListRelated ?

(@MOZx : please post messages in the appropriate forums. e.g when you post in english, post in english forums, NOT french forums. I move this message in english forums. I made english corrections to the title so that there is no french/english mix there (it seems you edited it back, please modify to "How to disable "Related Links"...). And once again : I edited your post, please avoid using colors and bold all over your messages, it does NOT improve readability.)
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
          • 1 Posts
          J’ai fait une requête multilangue, si ça peut aider...
            • 7,075 Posts
            MOZx, please avoid multilingual posts, it’s either french or english, think about your readers. Few speak both languages.

Also avoid asking the same question in french and english in both forums (that’s called cross-posting and it only makes things harder to read in the forums...).

What you can do is post in english if you are able to make clear questions in english, and once you have the answer, post it in the french forums with the original question.

Thanks in advance.

Pas de message multilangue STP, c’est soi français, soit anglais.

Aussi, évite de poster à la fois dans le forum français et anglais (on appelle ça cross-poster, et ça n’aide pas la lecture des forums).

Ce que tu peux faire c’est poster en anglais (seulement si tu peut rédiger une question CLAIRE en anglais => Sinon, poste en français) et une fois que tu as la réponse tu viens poster ta question originale avec la réponse pour aider les utilisateurs francophones.

Merci d’avance.

MODx est l&#39;outil id
              • 1 Posts
              Sorry David laugh

My thread can be retrieved by francophone too: I had reseach first the terms "Related links" like in my french template by default in english grin

Non bold and colors is this post lol.
                • 835 Posts
                Hi

In the snippet ListRelated, you have :

// $nonefound [ ’string’ ]
                // What to return when no related records are found.
                $nonefound = ’<p>No related pages or links.</p>’;

Aour
                  • 7,075 Posts

MODx est l&#39;outil id
                    • 3,975 Posts
                    Quote from: MOZx at Jan 25, 2006, 02:40 PM

Non bold and colors is this post lol.

We’ll appreciate, if you always use it.. smiley

regards,

zi
                      Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                      • 1 Posts
                      @Aour : thank you, I see now where I had to search.

// $nonefound [ ’string’ ]
                      // What to return when no related records are found.
                      $nonefound = ’’;

How to remove now the line Related Links* when the list is empty? Some lines higher I imagine...

@Zi : you have made some cross-posting so don’t laught please grin

* no bold no color, not ital, just imagine these terms between some "" na! laugh

Some php help?