We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 72 Posts
    I’ve just downloaded and installed MM into my fresh install of MODx evo 1.0 but it seems to break TinyMCE in the main content area.

Will there be a fully evo 1.0 compatible MM download soon? I’m afraid of breaking my install by trying to update MM using the tweaks described in other posts.

Thanks.
    • Quote from: paramaniac at Aug 13, 2009, 10:01 AM

I’ve just downloaded and installed MM into my fresh install of MODx evo 1.0 but it seems to break TinyMCE in the main content area.

Will there be a fully evo 1.0 compatible MM download soon? I’m afraid of breaking my install by trying to update MM using the tweaks described in other posts.

Thanks.

I’d say we have to wait for an official release of 0.4. The version in the other thread is being continually modified on the fly, but there has been a major change from identifying template variables with the prefix tv followed by the name of the template variable to identifying the template variable by their ID number, which means you have to revise all the rules you’ve written upon an upgrade to Evo 1.0 even if that version of ManagerManager did work entirely.
      • MM sure seems to be working in SVN dev branch 1.0., save for some oddities with the tagging widget and demo content that should be sorted soon.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 327 Posts
          Just to let you know, I’ve done some quite substantial work on getting MM working on Evo 1.0.0, which is nearly ready for me to post up.

It’s far more substantially tested that previous versions, fixes a few bugs, and adds in a few new tweaks and features too, mainly around:

* making configuration easier
          * dealing with TVs better (you no longer have to prefix with "tv", or find IDs)

Watch this space...
            Author: ManagerManager plugin - customise your ModX manager interface

Rckt - web development, Sheffield, UK
            • 72 Posts
            Quote from: ncrossland at Sep 01, 2009, 02:52 PM

Just to let you know, I’ve done some quite substantial work on getting MM working on Evo 1.0.0, which is nearly ready for me to post up.

It’s far more substantially tested that previous versions, fixes a few bugs, and adds in a few new tweaks and features too, mainly around:

Watch this space...

Waiting eagerly grin
              • 2,877 Posts

Watch this space...
              kiss
                @hawproductions | http://mrhaw.com/

Infograph: MODX Advanced Install in 7 steps:
                http://forums.modx.com/thread/96954/infograph-modx-advanced-install-in-7-steps

Recap: Portland, OR (PDX) MODX CMS Meetup, Oct 6, 2015. US Bancorp Tower
                http://mrhaw.com/modx_portland_oregon_pdx_modx_cms_meetup_oct_2015_us_bancorp_tower
                • 4,149 Posts
                Quote from: AntonL at Aug 10, 2009, 01:18 AM

In fact, there is a reasonable argument for moving MM (or MM-like functionality) into the core.
                We are planning on adding this functionality into Revolution.
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • 428 Posts

Watch this space...
                  This is good news! smiley
                  I’ve got a project where I desperately need ManagerManager and I was quite disappointed to have to use MODx 0.9.6.x...
                    Intégrateur web freelance
                    • 7,075 Posts
                    Kudos to ncrossland and thanks Fairytree for tweeting about this smiley

Quote from: splittingred at Sep 01, 2009, 04:21 PM
                    Quote from: AntonL at Aug 10, 2009, 01:18 AM
                    In fact, there is a reasonable argument for moving MM (or MM-like functionality) into the core.
                    We are planning on adding this functionality into Revolution.

That’s a very good news !
                    Now I am getting greedy and hope the way it will be implemented is a bit less convoluted than Evolution’s MM tongue
                      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Quote from: davidm at Sep 01, 2009, 07:47 PM

That’s a very good news !
                      Now I am getting greedy and hope the way it will be implemented is a bit less convoluted than Evolution’s MM tongue

Ideally (assuming we work out the Revo install speed issues, which we think we might be able to fix today or tomorrow) I’d like it to have a UI, where you select an Action (or manager page) and a User Group, and then the field names for the forms on that page show below. Then you can check or uncheck fields that you’d like that user group to have access to see.

We might also add ability to change the labels of fields, tabs and more. We’ll see. I’d like to get pretty creative with it. It all depends on investment in the MODx project (financial and time-wise) from the community and businesses. If we can squeeze it in for 2.0, I’d love it; if not, we’ll make it a priority for 2.1.
                        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com