We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Great - thanks Para. I’ll contact my host this afternoon (although I suspect I may be waiting some time for a reply - don’t think they really know the meaning of the word "support"!)

Dan
    • It definitely sounds like a session/security related setting. Or possibly even an overloaded MySQL instance. I’m going to mark this one [solved] but feel free to continue posting your findings!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • And actually Para, if you could talk your provider into providing the exact details as to what was changed to resolve it, it’d be handy to have for future reference for all! Thanks again smiley
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 15 Posts
          I contacted them again and i’ll see if they’ll be so kind to tell me the details.
          Stay tuned wink
            • 17 Posts
            Here’s an interesting aside...

I logged out of Manager (using Firefox 1.5) and logged in using Internet Explorer 6. Once logged into IE I refreshed the browser 15 times, and no problems. I then logged out of IE and logged in using Firefox 1.5, refreshed the browser once and the error appeared straight away.

Dan
            • Hmmm... maybe another FF1.5 bug... the OS X has been particularly plauged with "oddities".
                • 15 Posts
                Hey,

i did get a reply from a hosting provider administrator about what they have done to get it work, but it doesn’t make much sense to me rolleyes
                Wierd sentences grin

Anyways, here’s the reply:

"Some of the rules in the implemented on the server prevented the some of the post on the forum which in return produce the 403 error. We have to disable the rule to that was causing the problem . In your case it was ’Pattern match’ "

I hope someone can get something out of this... wink