We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for modx-auditor-analysis.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    A MODx based analysis toolset to allow the display and recovery of MODx database content as historied by the Auditor module

For some reason I couldn’t upload it to the site, it kept timing out, so I’ve uploaded a small text file that points to for now to get people going.
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 1,336 Posts
      This version works with MODx 0.9.6.2 as far as I can see, the new ’empy_trash’ column in the ’user_roles’ table is not yet referenced by this tool, along with extra functionality I’ll update it to work with 0.9.6.1 or 0.9.6.2 on the next release.
        • 964 Posts
        Where is the 1.2 version?
          MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
          • 1,336 Posts
          If you mean the next version, which is 1.1 its coming very soon, lots of new features in this release.
            • 964 Posts
            Thanks...
            sorry I mixed it up with Auditor 1.2, which I already found...

does this tool contains now the same ability that Auditor 1.2, now with the delete triggers?
              MODX Revo Tutorials:  www.modxperience.com

MODX Professional Partner
              • 1,336 Posts
              Yes, entities that have been deleted now have a red banner above them stating this when you view the properties so you know a deletion has occured.
              A major feature of this upgrade is that you can now find content by user, not just by type there’s a few other goodies as well.
              It’s essentially finished now, I was going to release it in sync with the next Auditor release which is itself synced to the release of 0.9.6.3 but it doesn’t need to be this way, I’ll try and release it over the weekend if I get chance.
                • 1,336 Posts
                OK, 1.1 is now released and available from the resources section, or even quicker just go straight here :-
                http://bitez.hobby-site.com/index.php?id=63&relPath=projects/modx-auditor-analysis
                  • 20 Posts
                  Hmm. Trying to get Auditor and Auditor-analysis setup and after installing modx-auditor-analysis I am getting the message "Invalid global variables found" in the front end page to auditor-analysis (including when trying to use Auditor).

The install went fine, I saved my site settings (I guess the idea is to go to tools, configuration and save), and cleared the cache. This is a freshly downloaded auditor-analysis, ver 1.1 and Auditor 1.3.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

I tried reinstalling, but have the same problem.
                    • 1,336 Posts
                    OK, what’s in your config.inc.php file? It should be the same format as for any MODx install, i.e database parameters etc. Although if as you say you managed to log into the manager, save the settings and clear the cache it would suggest this is OK. Try a re-install and don’t clear the cache, just save the settings and logout. If that’s still the same re-install again and do neither, i.e just logout. Also what are you getting in your web server error log when that message came up?
                      • 20 Posts
                      The config.inc.php file was ok. Thanks to your suggestions I figured out the method that is working for me repeatedly. I need to install auditor analysis like normal, clear the cache, save settings, reinstall, save settings (but don’t clear cache) and the front end will now work. Beats me as to why this is. If it helps, I am using php version 5.2.6