We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Hi,

I am new to MODX and please need your help. I am transfering the site to a new hosting, I am using MODX Revolution 2.0.3-pl. I followed all the steps in the documentation, moved database, etc, and everything seems to be normal except the gallery. If I click on Components - Gallery then this message appears:
    Could not load controller request handler.

Also the error log shows these 2 messages everytime I do that:
    [2011-04-20 11:50:31] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Path specified for package gallery is not a valid or accessible directory: /home/amin/public_html/build/core/components/gallery/model/
    [2011-04-20 11:50:31] (ERROR @ /manager/index.php) Could not load class: GalControllerRequest from gallery.request.galcontrollerrequest.

I already saw two posts related to this topic but unfortunately I couldn’t find the solution to my problem. Please help.

• 24,544 Posts
      Did you do an upgrade install at the new site?

Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 8 Posts
        I basically followed the steps on this site:
        http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Moving+Your+Site+to+a+New+Server

So I just dumped in the old database, moved all the files exactly as they were in the old site, changed the config to point to the new db and the new credentials and that was it.

Except the gallery, my guess is something is still pointing to the old path, only I cannot find what file.

Thanks for your help.
          • 24,544 Posts
          Right, but the last step there is to re-run Setup. Did you do that? You won’t lose any of your content.
            My MODX Extras
            • 8 Posts
            Actually no, I guess I missed that. I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
              • 8 Posts
              Ran the setup but I am still in the same situation, all data is there, but the gallery is still missing
                • 24,544 Posts
                Here are some more things to try. Test after each one.

1. Delete all the files in the core/cache directory and clear your browser cache and cookies.

2. Check the Gallery default properties to see if there are any paths set there that are not right.

3. Look for any Gallery System Settings in System -> System Settings that specify paths.

4. Check the path in the modx_workspaces table in PhpMyAdmin.

5. Remove and reinstall the Gallery component.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Apr 20, 2011, 09:12 PM

Here are some more things to try. Test after each one.

1. Delete all the files in the core/cache directory and clear your browser cache and cookies (it’s not a bad idea to repeat this after each step below).

2. Check the Gallery default properties to see if there are any paths set there that are not right.

3. Look for any Gallery System Settings in System -> System Settings that specify paths.

4. Check the path in the modx_workspaces table in PhpMyAdmin.

5. Remove and reinstall the Gallery component.
                    My MODX Extras
                    • 8 Posts
                    Making progress now, but still some problems.

When I go to the Components - Gallery in the admin menu, the Could not load controller request handler error went away. However no albums still show up, only options to Create Album and Refresh but an empty list. There are 13 albums in the original site.

In the page itself, now the albums show up in the gallery page, all 13 albums, but with no thumbnails. If I click on the thumbnail though the original image does show up, only the thumbnails are not being displayed.

Does it make sense? Sounds a little weird, however I have cleared cache quitea a few times, double check configuration in the original and new site, all paths are the same, the files are there in the new site, I compared the html source in the original and new sites and they look identical now.

The only thing I haven’t tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the gallery component. If you suggest I should do that, will I lose the information that is there now? The albums

Thanks again
                      • 24,544 Posts
                      Quote from: alexc at Apr 20, 2011, 10:34 PM

The only thing I haven’t tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the gallery component. If you suggest I should do that, will I lose the information that is there now? The albums

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to that. I’d definitely back up the site first.

I think you could "reinstall" the gallery component without risk (right-click on it in Package Manager), but I’m not positive. It depends on how the Gallery transport package is written.
                        My MODX Extras