We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 380 Posts
    When i try to edit a profile, i change the passwords and click save, the password doesn’t change. when i put in two different passwords and click save, it doesn’t come up with any error message, just brings you back to the successful login page. This is all with the default form (not a custom form)

What could be wrong?
      • 925 Posts
      Quote from: betoranaldi at Jan 26, 2008, 03:07 PM

When i try to edit a profile, i change the passwords and click save, the password doesn’t change. when i put in two different passwords and click save, it doesn’t come up with any error message, just brings you back to the successful login page. This is all with the default form (not a custom form)

What could be wrong?

Hmm...sounds oddly like the issue I had where it wouldn’t display the error message above the account info (it just looked like it refreshed the page).

IIRC, I had to do something like call the lang.php file directly into WLPE. I’ll take a look at what I did exactally in a few days for ya (very, very busy ATM).
        My Snippets
        -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • 380 Posts
        If you could look into that, (in a few days) that would be great.

The strange thing is I have another instance of the snippet running as a registration form and it works fine, spits out the missing fields text no problem.

The login form I have works fine, but once you click the profile button that appears you can’t change passwords or anything (even if I fill out ever field on the form) the database still is not updated.

• 380 Posts
          This is driving me nuts.

At first i just through it was WebLoginPE’s profile editor. I would fill out the form and hit submit, nothing would stick. I would update the password and purposely put in to incorrect passwords and it would just refresh the page and not update the password in the database. The weird thing is every other part of WebLoginPE is working correctly (that I can tell (I get error messages when I leave parts out of the form).) I even tried using the default profile form and it didn’t help.

Today I got an idea to try and see if WebEditProfile. Same thing, the page just refreshes and nothing gets updated, no error messages.

I am totally lost with this and a webuser will need to be able to update their profile and password.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
            • 925 Posts
            Quote from: betoranaldi at Jan 30, 2008, 11:26 PM

This is driving me nuts.

At first i just through it was WebLoginPE’s profile editor. I would fill out the form and hit submit, nothing would stick. I would update the password and purposely put in to incorrect passwords and it would just refresh the page and not update the password in the database. The weird thing is every other part of WebLoginPE is working correctly (that I can tell (I get error messages when I leave parts out of the form).) I even tried using the default profile form and it didn’t help.

Today I got an idea to try and see if WebEditProfile. Same thing, the page just refreshes and nothing gets updated, no error messages.

I am totally lost with this and a webuser will need to be able to update their profile and password.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Hmm...this sounds like a different issue, since my problem was that NO error messages appeared. Dunno what’s causing your issue, then...
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
              • 380 Posts
              I finally figured this out... Once I created a custom form I changed the save button’s value="saveprofile" to value="saveprofilesimple" and it started working.
                • 925 Posts
                Quote from: betoranaldi at Jan 31, 2008, 01:05 PM

I finally figured this out... Once I created a custom form I changed the save button’s value="saveprofile" to value="saveprofilesimple" and it started working.

Ahh, that old problem. laugh
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 7 Posts
                  is it letting you change your password though?? I’m in the same boat as you guys were, after adding ’simple’ to the end of those button labels i was able to edit parts of my profile, but not my password. it’s like a curse.

are you able to change your password now??
                    • 380 Posts
                    crap... your right.

It turns out nothing updates although it says that it does. (I though it was working but I suppose I was wrong)

Can someone post a form that works for them? It’s strange that the standard forms that came with WebLoginPE doesn’t even work.

My site is suppose to launch on Monday :/ I just wanna cry

• 380 Posts
                      Quote from: daystarjustice at Feb 01, 2008, 11:09 PM

is it letting you change your password though?? I’m in the same boat as you guys were, after adding ’simple’ to the end of those button labels i was able to edit parts of my profile, but not my password. it’s like a curse.

are you able to change your password now??

I found a fix for this... if you change name="password.confirm" to name="passwordconfirm" on the last password txt field it seem to fix the problem.

I still cannot get anything else to update though. sad or rather, I can add stuff to blank fields and it will save. but when I try to clear out the blank field or replace it with something else it will not save. I have to put a blank space in, in order for it to "remove" it.

I found out that WebLoginPE is indeed supposed to work like this...

No.
                      This is just the way WebLoginPE works to make sure that data you have not provided in a form does not get overwritten.

WebLoginPE uses an array of all the columns in the default attributes table, then loops $_POST to see if those columns are in there. if they ARE NOT, then they are not posted to the db. so if you previously filled out the zipcode, then set it to ""(blank), well that value will not end up in the $_POST Array and thus not end up being saved into the database.

Using the "Zip code" example:
                      Let’s say you have a userprofile form where you DO NOT let them edit the zip code, so you do not provide a text input named "zip". If WebLoginPE did not work the way it does, the zip column in the database would be set to blank everytime the user saved their profile since no value was passed for it. That is why I had it loop through and get rid of fields with no value before saving to the db.

You can change the value to whatever you want, just not (Blank). This is simple data protection 101.

-sD-
                      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA