We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help as I am a bit stuck. I’m a newbie so please be nice! wink

I have set up a test blog site by following the tutorial at: http://rtfm.modx.com/display/revolution20/Creating+a+Blog+in+MODx+Revolution everything seems to work and I can even post comments and see them in the manager but they are not displaying in the blog itself or and the comment count is showing as 0 everywhere on the front end!

The blog post template code is:

[[$pageHeader]]
    <div id="content" class="blog-post">
    <h2 class="title"><a href="[[~[[*id]]]]">[[*pagetitle]]</a></h2>

<p class="post-info">
    Posted on [[*publishedon:strtotime:date=`%b %d, %Y`]] |
    Tags: [[*tags:notempty=`[[!tolinks? &items=`[[*tags]]` &key=`tag` &target=`48`]]`]] |
    <a href="[[~[[*id]]]]#comments" class="comments">
    Comments ([[!QuipCount? &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`]])
    </a>
    </p>

<div class="entry">
    <p>[[*introtext]]</p>
    <hr />
    [[*content]]
    </div>

<div class="postmeta">
    [[*tags:notempty=`
    <span class="tags">Tags: [[!tolinks? &items=`[[*tags]]` &key=`tag` &target=`48`]]</span>
    `]]
    <br class="clear" />
    </div>
    <hr />
    <div class="post-comments" id="comments">[[!Quip?
    &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`
    &replyResourceId=`123`
    &closeAfter=`30`
    ]]

[[!QuipReply?
    &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`
    &notifyEmails=`[email protected]`
    &moderate=`1`
    &moderatorGroup=`Moderators`
    &closeAfter=`30`
    ]]
    </div>
    </div>
    [[$pageFooter]]

The blog post chunk is:
    <div class="post">
    <h2 class="title"><a href="[[~[[+id]]]]">[[+pagetitle]]</a></h2>
    <p class="post-info">Posted by [[+createdby:userinfo=`fullname`]]
    [[+tv.tags:notempty=` | <span class="tags">Tags:
    [[!tolinks? &items=`[[+tv.tags]]` &key=`tag` &target=`48`]]
    </span>`]]</p>
    <div class="entry">
    <p>[[+introtext]]</p>
    </div>
    <p class="postmeta">
    <span class="links">
    <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]" class="readmore">Read more</a>
    | <a href="[[~[[+id]]]]#comments" class="comments">
    Comments ([[!QuipCount? &thread=`blog-post-[[+id]]`]])
    </a>
    | <span class="date">[[+publishedon:strtotime:date=`%b %d, %Y`]]</span>
    </span>
    </p>
    </div>

You can see in the code the blog home page is id 48! have i missed something?!

Cheers
      • 970 Posts
      I’ve never used threaded form, but is this resource ’123’ really exist ?
      &replyResourceId=`123`
        • 15 Posts
        Hi tkfm,

Thanks for the reply. Its actually set to 2 now which is the "Reply to Thread" page with the following code on:

<h2>Reply to Thread</h2>
        [[!Quip]]

[[QuipReply]]

Quip wont actually output anything in the front end however the comments are all there in the back end!

regards,

Sam
          • 4,149 Posts
          Note: If you’re posting about a bug, please state all of your Environment information in your post: Version of MODx, Traditional or Advanced distribution (for Revo), Server OS, Server Version, PHP Version, MySQL Version (client and server), is pdo_mysql installed, your Browser type and version, if you are using any opcode caching such as eAccelerator, APC, winCache, xCache, etc; any relevant errors in core/cache/logs/error.log, and any other environment data we should know. We can’t help you without that information.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 15 Posts
            Thanks for the reply splittingred,

I’m sure that it isn’t a bug and something has just been missed! Any chance I could pay you to log in and have a look?

Regards,

Sam
              • 1,118 Posts
              Do you have a URL we can look at? I had a similar issue and it was due to the default CSS that comes built-in to QUIP that was causing it to not be visible on stage - this class
              ol.quip-comment-list li {
                  list-style-type: none;
                  position: relative;
                  margin-left: 0;
              }
              meant that it did not render in Chrome of Safari... Would render in FF and Opera though... (all on a Mac btw)
                • 15 Posts
                Quote from: dubbs at Nov 19, 2010, 03:40 PM

Do you have a URL we can look at? I had a similar issue and it was due to the default CSS that comes built-in to QUIP that was causing it to not be visible on stage - this class
                ol.quip-comment-list li {
                    list-style-type: none;
                    position: relative;
                    margin-left: 0;
                }
                meant that it did not render in Chrome of Safari... Would render in FF and Opera though... (all on a Mac btw)

Hi dubbs,

the URL is: http://www.eastdevonbusinessforum.org.uk/latest-news/ that would make sense but I am working mainly in FF and still doesn’t work (on a mac)

Cheers, Sam
                  • 1,118 Posts
                  There are no comments added to the posts? Is this the issue that comments can not be added, or that they can be added but are not visible?
                    • 15 Posts
                    They can be added and are shown in the the manager/components/quip but quip will not show anything in the front of the site!
                      • 1,118 Posts
                      You have moderated and approved them though yeh? I.e. to approve them to be OK to render on the site? I just posted one - awaiting moderation approval...