We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Looking at your outputted page - the comments are not even being attempted to be rendered:
    <ol class="quip-comment-list">

</ol>

Therefore I would imagine you have an issue in the Quip calls somewhere... Doesn’t look like CSS issue
      • 15 Posts
      The code on the blog post template is:

<div id="content" class="blog-post">  
      <h2 class="title"><a href="[[~[[*id]]]]">[[*pagetitle]]</a></h2>  

<p class="post-info">  
      Posted on [[*publishedon:strtotime:date=`%b %d, %Y`]] |   
      Tags: [[*tags:notempty=`[[!tolinks? &items=`[[*tags]]` &key=`tag` &target=`2`]]`]] |   
      <a href="[[~[[*id]]]]#comments" class="comments">  
      Comments ([[!QuipCount? &type=`thread` &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`]])  
      </a>  
      </p>  

<div class="entry">  
      <p>[[*introtext]]</p>  
      <hr />  
      [[*content]]  
      </div>  

<div class="postmeta">  
      [[*tags:notempty=`  
      <span class="tags">Tags: [[!tolinks? &items=`[[*tags]]` &key=`tag` &target=`2`]]</span>  
      `]]  
      <br class="clear" />  
      </div>  
      <hr />  
      <div class="post-comments" id="comments">
         [[!Quip? &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`
      &replyResourceId=`7` &closeAfter=`30` &threading=`1`
        ]]  
      <br /><br />  
      [[!QuipReply?  
      &thread=`blog-post-[[*id]]`  
      &moderate=`1`  
      &moderatorGroup=`Moderators`  
       &closeAfter=`30`  
      ]]  
      </div>  
      </div>  

• 358 Posts
        Quote from: SamHembury at Nov 18, 2010, 10:48 AM

<h2>Reply to Thread</h2>
        [[!Quip]]

[[QuipReply]]
        Sam

You have one call cached and the other not, that could be a problem. Perhaps not in this case but try calling both uncached to be sure. Or perhaps both cached.
          • 15 Posts
          Quote from: Uncle68 at Nov 19, 2010, 08:43 PM

Quote from: SamHembury at Nov 18, 2010, 10:48 AM

<h2>Reply to Thread</h2>
          [[!Quip]]

[[QuipReply]]
          Sam

You have one call cached and the other not, that could be a problem. Perhaps not in this case but try calling both uncached to be sure. Or perhaps both cached.

Oh right is that what the ! means? I’m pretty sure that isn’t the main prob as any quip call that i make wont display anything!

Cheers
            • 358 Posts
            I should have read the whole post I guess before answering, I see now that you get the data posted as it should. Right now I have no better idea than to check everything again. Not much help, I know.
              • 15 Posts
              Quote from: Uncle68 at Nov 19, 2010, 10:36 PM

I should have read the whole post I guess before answering, I see now that you get the data posted as it should. Right now I have no better idea than to check everything again. Not much help, I know.

No worries, thanks anyway.
                • 1,118 Posts
                SamHembury - I think the best thing you can do is go back against the tutorial and make sure you have everything copied correctly - the tutorial does work so there must be an issue with something either that you have copied or perhaps some sort of server configuration. Sorry can’t help anymore, good luck!

dubbs.
                  • 15 Posts
                  Quote from: dubbs at Nov 20, 2010, 09:15 AM

SamHembury - I think the best thing you can do is go back against the tutorial and make sure you have everything copied correctly - the tutorial does work so there must be an issue with something either that you have copied or perhaps some sort of server configuration. Sorry can’t help anymore, good luck!

dubbs.

Hi Dubbs,

Yea I have tried that a few times and none worked! I wonder if it could be something up with the server. I’ll try it on a different server and post my results! Also any chance I can have a log in to check out your site?

Cheers
                    • 1,118 Posts
                    Yeh try another server first, can’t open access to my site no - sorry. If you have followed the tutorial step-by-step then it must be to do with your setup in some way I would think but am no expert when it comes to servers sorry!
                    • Quote from: SamHembury at Nov 18, 2010, 10:48 AM

Hi tkfm,

Thanks for the reply. Its actually set to 2 now which is the "Reply to Thread" page with the following code on:

<h2>Reply to Thread</h2>
                      [[!Quip]]

[[QuipReply]]

Quip wont actually output anything in the front end however the comments are all there in the back end!

regards,

Sam

Try to put the thread in your Quip call : [[!Quip? &thread=`yourthread`]]