We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 19 Posts
    Other question,

In the files there is htmlarea (manager/media/editor)
    I can’t select it in config? It only let me choose between FCKEditor and TinyMCE

I think this was done intentional cause of the XINHA integration?
      • 577 Posts
      That was explained in another thread. It seems that Preview 3.0 "might" contain XINHA and that this was something added in a little early.

:-)
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
      • Suggestion/question, since there are so many diff editors out there, is it possible to work with ONE extra editor wich includes a php file? Kinda like the way Mambo works.
        So you got some editors in stock, you can choose from them in config. The extra option will give you the change to choose external and give filename, (editor.php for example).
        In editor.php must be all there is needed to make the editor work.

This way plugging in another editor will be a breeze.

That’s a great idea. Hmmm... anyone have any other thoughts on this?
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • Suggestion/question, since there are so many diff editors out there, is it possible to work with ONE extra editor wich includes a php file? Kinda like the way Mambo works.
          So you got some editors in stock, you can choose from them in config. The extra option will give you the change to choose external and give filename, (editor.php for example).
          In editor.php must be all there is needed to make the editor work.

This way plugging in another editor will be a breeze.

I’m actually working on a way to make even the currently core editors pluggable. This will help keep the CMS core package small, since users only have to download and include the rich-text editor( s ) they want to enable on a particular site.

As a transitional way to allow pluggable editors, I may do exactly what you are suggesting, then expand the feature to allow all of the editors to be plugged in. In this way, when the latest and greatest version of TinyMCE, FCKeditor, or Xihna are released, you can just drop it into the CMS. Ryan and I saw a very small and simple editor the other day that might fit the bill for prototyping this idea. More soon.
            • 19 Posts
            I’m actually working on a way to make even the currently core editors pluggable.? This will help keep the CMS core package small, since users only have to download and include the rich-text editor( s ) they want to enable on a particular site.

As a transitional way to allow pluggable editors, I may do exactly what you are suggesting, then expand the feature to allow all of the editors to be plugged in.? In this way, when the latest and greatest version of TinyMCE, FCKeditor, or Xihna are released, you can just drop it into the CMS.? Ryan and I saw a very small and simple editor the other day that might fit the bill for prototyping this idea.? More soon.

Am experienced (somewhat) with Mambo use it for several years, need help?
            • Quote from: pcwacht at Jun 01, 2005, 06:48 PM

I’m actually working on a way to make even the currently core editors pluggable. This will help keep the CMS core package small, since users only have to download and include the rich-text editor( s ) they want to enable on a particular site.

As a transitional way to allow pluggable editors, I may do exactly what you are suggesting, then expand the feature to allow all of the editors to be plugged in. In this way, when the latest and greatest version of TinyMCE, FCKeditor, or Xihna are released, you can just drop it into the CMS. Ryan and I saw a very small and simple editor the other day that might fit the bill for prototyping this idea. More soon.

Am experienced (somewhat) with Mambo use it for several years, need help?

Well, feel free to offer any integration work you do regarding this, or ideas on the architecture / interface for the editor plugins. Otherwise, I will most likely have the lite version of the plugin editor capability with an example in the next release or two.

And thanks, BTW, for all the help so far; we appreciate the contributions immensely.

Cheers...
                • 3,975 Posts
                As Technology Preview Release 2.1 is out there for download, so closing this topic...

If you have any concern with TP2 release, please start new topic.

For more information about TP2.1 release click here

Thanks for your co-operation,

zi
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.