We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,198 Posts
    Quote from: zi at May 27, 2005, 02:31 PM

Greetz Folks, we have solved the attachment issue,

Files are available to download, check the 1st post.

Thanks for patience in this regard.

zi

Thank you for your great work:)

can i upgrade Tech Preview 1 to TP2?
      Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
      -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it
      -----------------------------------------------------

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
    • You can absolutely upgrade a TP1 to a TP2 installation
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 6 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at May 27, 2005, 04:00 PM

What problems are happenning?
        I got a message that I had to set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true and I did and it worked. (Did not have to do this in preview1). Fckeditor doesn’t work, neither in IE nor in FF. My downloaded zip is 1.876.489 while it should be 1.832.51 ? In addition, the name is something like 1[1][1].0.pre2.zip.
        Don’t know if there is a relation.. I’m just a modx newbie.
          • 1,732 Posts
          Quote from: Hans at May 27, 2005, 05:58 PM

Quote from: rthrash at May 27, 2005, 04:00 PM

What problems are happenning?
          I got a message that I had to set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true and I did and it worked. (Did not have to do this in preview1). Fckeditor doesn’t work, neither in IE nor in FF. My downloaded zip is 1.876.489 while it should be 1.832.51 ? In addition, the name is something like 1[1][1].0.pre2.zip.
          Don’t know if there is a relation.. I’m just a modx newbie.

Ok,

Thanks for the feedback we will take a look at these problems. I think your download file is ok.

xWisdom
            www.xwisdomhtml.com
            The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
            MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
          • Wow. Tech Preview 1 was 4.2Mb, this is 8.4Mb. undecided
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • Look at the actual bytes. You’re counting disk block filesize overhead.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • Ok, so pre1 was 2,557,212 bytes, pre2 is 4,081,937. It’s still a lot bigger.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • Quote from: Hans at May 27, 2005, 05:58 PM

Fckeditor doesn’t work, neither in IE nor in FF.

Hans, can you describe more about how FCKeditor is not working? Is it just not rendering at all? I’m assuming you are on a Windows platform (XP maybe)? Also, what language / locale settings do you have? It’s possible FCK automatically selects language and I removed all the alternate language files (other than en) to reduce the bulk of our download.
                    • 6 Posts
                    Quote from: OpenGeek at May 28, 2005, 05:25 PM

Hans, can you describe more about how FCKeditor is not working?? Is it just not rendering at all?? I’m assuming you are on a Windows platform (XP maybe)?? Also, what language / locale settings do you have?? It’s possible FCK automatically selects language and I removed all the alternate language files (other than en) to reduce the bulk of our download.

I just de-installed modx pre2 today because I want to wait for the final version before using it for production. I think it had something to do with my install being not in the root. Maybe I had to change someting in .js file but didn’t know what and where. My language was English so I don’t think it had anything to do with that. It worked more or less in FF but not completely and it got in a loop. It didn’t work in IE, it was not rendering at all. TinyMC worked well. My system is XP.
                    Thanks for trying to help. Maybe I will try to re-install when I have a clue how to make FCKeditor work. That was for me the main reason for installing the new version; the number 1 works great!
                    • Quote from: Hans at May 28, 2005, 06:42 PM

Quote from: OpenGeek at May 28, 2005, 05:25 PM

Hans, can you describe more about how FCKeditor is not working? Is it just not rendering at all? I’m assuming you are on a Windows platform (XP maybe)? Also, what language / locale settings do you have? It’s possible FCK automatically selects language and I removed all the alternate language files (other than en) to reduce the bulk of our download.

I just de-installed modx pre2 today because I want to wait for the final version before using it for production. I think it had something to do with my install being not in the root. Maybe I had to change someting in .js file but didn’t know what and where. My language was English so I don’t think it had anything to do with that. It worked more or less in FF but not completely and it got in a loop. It didn’t work in IE, it was not rendering at all. TinyMC worked well. My system is XP.
                      Thanks for trying to help. Maybe I will try to re-install when I have a clue how to make FCKeditor work. That was for me the main reason for installing the new version; the number 1 works great!

Alright, I just checked in a few fixes for some issues with both editors not respecting toolbar / theme selection, TV richtext controls not respecting width and height settings, as well as removing the call-time pass-by-reference that sparked your other issue. I believe we’ll be making another download available with these fixes in place very soon.

I’m still curious why FCK won’t work, as I’ve had no trouble getting it to run. What server are you testing this on? Apache? Or something else?

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.