We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 6 Posts
    I don’t have my own server, but I tried it at two different hosts, one of them is Powweb that uses Server version: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PowWeb/1.1 (copy / pasted from their website smiley)
    The other one is also UNIX / Apache, but I don’t know what version they use.
    Thanks for your help!
      • 56 Posts
      FCKeditor is not working for me also, it hangs loading "..fckeditorcode_ie_2.js.."
      • Quote from: eko40 at May 30, 2005, 12:04 PM

FCKeditor is not working for me also, it hangs loading "..fckeditorcode_ie_2.js.."

Hmm, very odd, I can’t seem to reproduce this one. Feel free to offer additional details on browser, client platform, server platform, install paths, etc., so I can look into the issue more.
          • 19 Posts
          I got some troubles with FCK as well

facts: windows 98 + ie6 dutch

errors (translated from dutch):
          1 loading htmlpage: line 644, unsupported property or method
          2 loading js: line 2, syntaxerror
          3 line 22: ’FCKLang’ is not defined

page loads, no content to edit to be seen

closing the page:
          1 line 22: ’FCKToolbarSet’ not defined

What I did:
          since working in dutch, copied the editor/lang/en.js to editor/lang/nl.js

retried
          the line 644 error stayed, the others are gone. Content is normal editable.
          Except for one minor flaw, the preview of images is not working, images works in document.

Hope this could be of help wink

Other question, in config part there are settings for xinha, but no xinha included.
          • Quote from: pcwacht at May 31, 2005, 11:20 AM

I got some troubles with FCK as well

facts: windows 98 + ie6 dutch

errors (translated from dutch):
            1 loading htmlpage: line 644, unsupported property or method
            2 loading js: line 2, syntaxerror
            3 line 22: ’FCKLang’ is not defined

page loads, no content to edit to be seen

closing the page:
            1 line 22: ’FCKToolbarSet’ not defined

What I did:
            since working in dutch, copied the editor/lang/en.js to editor/lang/nl.js

retried
            the line 644 error stayed, the others are gone. Content is normal editable.
            Except for one minor flaw, the preview of images is not working, images works in document.

Hope this could be of help wink

Other question, in config part there are settings for xinha, but no xinha included.

Thanks for the feedback; I figured removing the languages would cause problems with FCK, and I’m still trying to figure out why the images won’t show in the editor, even though the paths are correct for viewing on the completed page.

As for Xihna, we are working on this integration still; just accidentally slipped some settings into this release before it was ready.
              • 19 Posts
              Retried the above at home
              got at home winxp dutch + ie 6
              error in line 644 when loading editor page is gone

About the preview of images, are you using some grafics routine wich depends on GD or ImageMagic?

Got a fresh error, when uploading images to webserver got following error:
              Error: "Over disk quota. unable to determine the size of a folder"

I do run my own server, so it is not a quota issue. Uploading images in same folder with "manage Files" from admin panel works as aspected.

• Quote from: pcwacht at May 31, 2005, 06:32 PM
                Retried the above at home
                got at home winxp dutch + ie 6
                error in line 644 when loading editor page is gone

About the preview of images, are you using some grafics routine wich depends on GD or ImageMagic?

Got a fresh error, when uploading images to webserver got following error:
                Error: "Over disk quota. unable to determine the size of a folder"

I do run my own server, so it is not a quota issue. Uploading images in same folder with "manage Files" from admin panel works as aspected.

At home, did you include the dutch language file, or did all the errors diappear with IE 6? I suspect FCK doesn’t support the older IE versions, though I’ll have to check with the project.

As for the image stuff, it probably does depend on GD, again, I’ll have to check specific requirements at the FCK project site, and you can check out the disk quota and file upload limits in the file /manager/media/fckeditor/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/config.php. I’ve still got a bit of work to do to allow all editing of these configuration options, and I’m almost convinced we should standardize on a more robust image and/or file manager for all the editors. HTMLArea’s Image Manager is now available standalone and I’ve been working on making it work as a plugin for TinyMCE and FCKeditor.

Let us know if you have any suggestions or discover the issue with the quotas / file size limits.
                  • 19 Posts
                  The dutch language file was allready installed on the same server. (linux)

Now, at work, windows 98 dutch, ie6 dutch give error in line 654 (loading editor page in manager)
                  The ie debugger showed this bit:
                  			var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor( 'ta' ) ;
                  			oFCKeditor.BasePath = '/modx/manager/media/fckeditor/' ;
                  			oFCKeditor.BaseHref = 'http://pcwacht.mine.nu/modx/';
                  			oFCKeditor.ReplaceTextarea() ;
                  			oFCKeditor.AttachToOnSelectionChange(OnChangeCallback('ta')) ;

with the last line giving the fault

At home, windows xp dutch, ie6 dutch no troubles

I tried to work my way to the config settings on discquota etc.
                  It looks to me like the quota settings are ok (20Mb)

The fault (I think) is in the php bit wich checks on it.
                  Will trie some more and let you know

The image stuff, got gd1 at server. Will look into the scripts to see where I can set what and feed back on it.

I have looked at XINHA and I am in love... dunnoh the code it produces, but it sure looks good on the editor side.

Suggestion/question, since there are so many diff editors out there, is it possible to work with ONE extra editor wich includes a php file? Kinda like the way Mambo works.
                  So you got some editors in stock, you can choose from them in config. The extra option will give you the change to choose external and give filename, (editor.php for example).
                  In editor.php must be all there is needed to make the editor work.

This way plugging in another editor will be a breeze.

John

• 19 Posts
                    FCKEditor, image upload fixed

The fileupload.php in manager/media/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands checks diff folders (the ones listed in fckphp_config[’ResourceTypes’] in manager/media/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/config.php
                    it checks in assests for docs and images wich are there, then it checks for flash and media wich aren’t, so I made them

after that image upload works

Now to the thumbs.
                      • 19 Posts
                      FCKEditor, Thumbnail fixed

The Thumbnail.php in manager/media/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands uses "imagecreatetruecolor"to make thumbs. This function exists in GD 2.0.1 or higher

For those who have GD1 could change the "imagecreatetruecolor" into "imagecreate".

Open manager/media/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands/Thumbnail.php
                      search for : $thumb=imagecreatetruecolor(96,96);
                      change into: $thumb=imagecreate(96,96);

I have made another change wich tests the thumb after creating:
                      $thumb=imagecreatetruecolor(96,96);
                      if (!$thumb) {
                      $thumb=imagecreate(96,96);
                      }

This worked for me.

John

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.