We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 302 Posts
    Description-

This snippet was designed to show all child pages, or siblings if there are no children pages, with or without descriptions, in a list. If is configurable in a multitude of ways to allow you to define how you want unpublished folders and so forth to impact the presentation of the menu.

I’ll be keeping a changelog and the current version of this snippet in this post. The changelog is mostly for myself - but if others are curious, they can witness the evolution (or is it insanity) themselves.
      Standard Disclaimer
      I could be totally wrong.
      • 7,075 Posts
      I’ll test it right now, I already like the idea smiley

I’ll give you some feedback once I have played a little with it... anyway, Thanks !
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 1,193 Posts
        cool. Does it now respect the "Show in Menu" check box?

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
          All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
          • 302 Posts
          Indeed it does. Aside from changing $etomite-> objects to $modx-> objects, I integrated a check for hidemenu (show in menu checkbox).
            Standard Disclaimer
            • 1,193 Posts
            I get this error:

« Execution of a query to the database failed - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ’hidemenu=0AND hidemenu=0 AND (sc.privateweb=0) ORDER BY s »

Any ideas what is causing that?

-sD-
              Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 302 Posts
              Yes. As a matter of fact I do. It’s a bug in one of the API functions. It’s fixed for the next release... though I know that doesn’t help you now wink

You could wait for the next release or read the bug tracker for the fix.
                Standard Disclaimer
                • 2,204 Posts
                Nice work Jared I am using this a lot
                Are you also planning to confert the rest of your awsome snippets?
                  follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                  • 302 Posts
                  Slowly but surely yes. I am planning to convert (and upgrade where possible) many of my snippets. Some changes will be minor, some will be quite extensive. Stay tuned!
                    Standard Disclaimer
                    • 1,193 Posts
                    Yo jaredc!

thanks a lot. I replaced those lines of code in the document parser class and now LCOS has retaken the throne as Scotty D’s most favorite-est snippet ever!!!

thanks again

-sD-

• 302 Posts
                      [quote author=ScottyDelicious link=topic=1892.msg13393#msg13393 date=1135290843... LCOS has retaken the throne as Scotty D’s most favorite-est snippet ever!!!
                      Wow. Favorite-est snippet. I think that’s the highest award I’ve ever won for a snippet. Thank YOU! wink
                        Standard Disclaimer