We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    This is an auto-generated topic for churchevents 0.2-beta2 by jgulledge19.

Brief Description:

ChurchEvents is a package that is for MODx Revolution and it is a calendar that is designed specifically for churches. Usage To call the snippit place in a chunk or resource. Or just create a new resource and select the ChurchEvents template. You must be logged into the manager to manage events, calendars and categories.Features

• Multiple calendar views
    • Global categories, you can choose colors to identify each category
    • Repeating events, daily, weekly, monthly and about any combination of those.
    • Allow event requests/notification
    • beta2 fixes many small errors
      • 39 Posts
      I have been waiting so long for a calendar for revolution, thnx so much!
      It doesn’t have all the functionality i want, but it’s definitely a great start.

Here is what I’d love to see implemented and I will be working on that for my personal usage (hopefully you will consider adding it to your code as well so everybody can benefit):

I am just starting to lean php and how modx works from the inside, so the third one will be kinda hard, but hopefully i can manage the first two.
      • I will look into your suggestions, but I want to get as many bugs out before I do more advanced features. If you code them send me the code and I will put them in.
        • Bug fix
          Only if you are running on Windows with PHP 5.2.*. Windows with 5.3.* and Unix 5.2+ should be fine.

On line 572 in core/components/churchevents/classes/Form_validate.php this code:
          if ($isValid && !(checkdnsrr($domain,"MX") || checkdnsrr($domain,"A"))) {
          	// domain not found in DNS
          	$isValid = false;
          }

Needs to be:
          if ( function_exists ( 'checkdnsrr' ) ) { // this function is not in Windows php until 5.3.0
          	if ($isValid && !(checkdnsrr($domain,"MX") || checkdnsrr($domain,"A"))) {
          		// domain not found in DNS
          		$isValid = false;
          	}
          }

• just an FYI, mxCalendar for Evolution will shortly be released with a version for Revolution smiley
              Evo Revo // Ubuntu, CentOS, Win // Apache 2x, Lighttp (Lighty)
              Visit CharlesMx.com for latest news and status updates.
              • 9 Posts
              Installed this version and the snippet renders in my page but i cant figure out *where* i can manage categories and events in the manager pages. Seriously.
                • 9 Posts
                Also, adding events does not work. Although my calendar page is at

http://www.mydomain.tld/events-calendar.html

the [+] links point to the website homepage, e.g.:

http://www.mydomain.tld/?view=add&start_date=2011-2-1&&id=0&a=0

I’ll try to digg the code a bit to check this out, but i’m no php dev.
                  • 9 Posts
                  Uninstall wont work either, here’s the console log:

Skipping modNamespace object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [name] => churchevents )
                  Could not load class: chECategory from churchEvents.mysql.checategory.
                  Error uninstalling package with signature: Object
                  Recoverable error: Object of class xPDOObjectVehicle could not be converted to string
                  Skipping modSystemSetting object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [key] => churchevents.allowRequests )
                  Problem instantiating object from vehicle
                  Finding package with signature: churchevents-0.2-beta2
                  PHP notice: Object of class xPDOObjectVehicle to string conversion
                  Removing files in file resolver: /home/manos/htdocs/ypeka_life_gr/core/components/churchevents
                  Skipping modCategory object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [category] => ChurchEvents )
                  Could not load class: chCalendar from churchEvents.mysql.chcalendar.
                  Skipping modTemplate object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [templatename] => Church events calendar )
                  Skipping modSnippet object (data object does not exist and cannot be removed): Array ( [name] => churchEvents )
                  Package found. Preparing to uninstall.
                  Removing files in file resolver: /home/manos/htdocs/ypeka_life_gr/assets/components/churchevents
                  Could not find files to remove.
                  Could not find files to remove.
                    • 39 Posts

Quote from: mbatsis at Jan 23, 2011, 07:43 PM

Also, adding events does not work. Although my calendar page is at

http://www.mydomain.tld/events-calendar.html

the [+] links point to the website homepage, e.g.:

http://www.mydomain.tld/?view=add&start_date=2011-2-1&&id=0&a=0

I’ll try to digg the code a bit to check this out, but i’m no php dev.

i had this problem as well.. this is probably because you use a "base" tag in the head of your template..
                    * if you use the default template that is provided with "churchevents" it works.. you could try removing the base tag from your template, but this might break other things (images etc)
                    * also, if you manually enter the "events-calendar.html" part before "?view=add&start_date=2011-2-1&&id=0&a=0" it works.. (the whole adres would be "http://www.mydomain.tld/events-calendar.html?view=add&start_date=2011-2-1&&id=0&a=0")

i know these are no viable solutions but they show that creating events actually works, their links just needs to be fixed
                      • 9 Posts
                      Thanks, I’ll try it. Still, where am I supposed to edit categories and events in the manager pages?