We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    I think it’s indeed a good idea, pushing modularity one step further, cool cool !

Quote from: rthrash at Feb 16, 2006, 12:18 AM

My thoughts behind the question are as follows for our snippet/module/plugin repository:

1) We get the SMF Module working flawlessly which handles synching and creating webusers in MODx.
    2) We use an archive model that is based of the original FileCabinet snippet to create the original postings.
    3) We include UserComments in the template for FileCabinet to enable user comments on Contributions.
    4) We include this snippet to tag file uploads to this.
    5) This results in an original contribution and the ability for otehr folks to improve and upgrade the contributions should the original author ever go away, and to have all "versions" still be present.

Good idea?
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 1,495 Posts
      Quote from: banzai at Feb 16, 2006, 07:19 PM

Quote from: rthrash at Feb 16, 2006, 07:03 PM

Beta version: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2897.msg20394/topicseen.html#msg20394

Can’t access tio this link..
      It’s the same version of TP3.2?

Thanks

I think it’s located on private forum, because I have no access to it too wink So I think we need to be patient until the core developer decided to release it.

Sincerely,
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 15 Posts
        Great Snippet and Great idea!

• 10 Posts
          could the file you upload be displayed automatically? Also have a feature that would allow admin to approve or not? That would add a lot to this snippet!
            • 239 Posts
            You can show the available files with the FileDownload snippet. Just make sure that the FileUpload snippet is earlier on the page than the FileDownload snippet and that they both point to the same path.

I won’t be building an admin approve function for this snippet. I my opinion the snippet should just upload files nothing more, nothing less. If you want advanced file management you might want to take a look at the FileCabinet snippet. I don’t know if it has an admin approve function, but I think that the admin approve would fit better in that snippet.