We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 239 Posts
    This snippet allows users to upload files to the webserver.

Features:
    - Upload 1 or more files
    - Specify allowed extensions
    - Specify webgroups that are allowed to upload
    - 2 example chunks provided

Instructions are in the readme.txt file and at the top of the snippet code.

Enjoy
      • 7,075 Posts
      Nice one Mitch, will most definitely be handy, I’ll test this and report !

:D
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • Is there any reason why this couldn’t be included in the UserComments snippet?
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 7,075 Posts
          Didn’t check this snippet yet, but wouldn’t that limit the possibilities ?

There might be cases when you’ll need a web user to upload a file, not necessarily as a comment attachment... I would say it could be nice to have this as a feature of UserComments, but I would not tie it to UserComments per say...

In fact my first thought was... I would rather have this integrated to a file repository snippet tongue
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • My thoughts behind the question are as follows for our snippet/module/plugin repository:

1) We get the SMF Module working flawlessly which handles synching and creating webusers in MODx.
            2) We use an archive model that is based of the original FileCabinet snippet to create the original postings.
            3) We include UserComments in the template for FileCabinet to enable user comments on Contributions.
            4) We include this snippet to tag file uploads to this.
            5) This results in an original contribution and the ability for otehr folks to improve and upgrade the contributions should the original author ever go away, and to have all "versions" still be present.

Good idea?
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 1,198 Posts
              Nice snippet

@Ryan : why there’s no more filecabinet snippet in latest (0.9.1) release? i think it’s a nice snippet too.
                Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it
                -----------------------------------------------------

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design
              • FileCabinet is not critical for every installation, and so it was removed. It’ll be easy to add back, though.
                  • 1,495 Posts
                  I nver see this FileCabinet snippet, and I tried to search on the forum, and it only show this post.
                    Wendy Novianto
                    [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                    [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                    • Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      • 1,198 Posts
                      Quote from: rthrash at Feb 16, 2006, 07:03 PM

Beta version: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2897.msg20394/topicseen.html#msg20394

Can’t access tio this link..
                      It’s the same version of TP3.2?

Thanks
                        Free MODx Graphic resources and Templates www.tattoocms.it

MODx IT  www.modx.it

bubuna.com - Web & Multimedia Design