We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,024 Posts
    so..reinstall?
      • 1,611 Posts
      Did you try deleting the template switcher plugin and clearing the cache again?
        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
        • 1,024 Posts
        I did both.
        Noticed over ftp that there is a feedx folder inside cache, which I can not delete? Apache has ownership, took ownership, deleted. Hope that apache does not hold ownership over more files. Just to many nested in modx to go and check m all. Found more files owned by apache, think I should backup and ask the host to empty my ftp dir, I can imagin I should have ownership not apache.
          • 1,611 Posts
          Well, I suppose you should certainly review all of the steps for an upgrade install and make sure you covered them all. I find that the content in the assets folder is always a bit of a pain to upgrade, since much of it is new and you need the new files but a lot of it are files that need to remain (images, scripts, etc.). So make sure that you uploaded all of the new files appropriately, permissions are correct, etc.

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
            • 1,024 Posts
            I did a test, trying to get errors from the page, I uploaded the index.php from the modx 0.9.5 install and left the rest untouched. Everything seems to function?
              • 1,611 Posts
              I wonder if your config.inc.php file was not properly regenerated. You did an upgrade install (including running the installer - not just uploading the new files), right? The old 0.9.5 index.php includes the document parser file using the $base_path var, whereas the new one includes it using the MODX_MANAGER_PATH constant, which should have been defined in your config file.

Try using the new index.php but replacing
              include_once(MODX_MANAGER_PATH.’/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php’);
              (on or around line 111)
              with
              include_once($base_path."/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php");

I think that maybe your config file needs fixing and that would be the proper way to deal with this, but try that to see what happens.

• 1,024 Posts
                modified like so:

// initiate a new document parser
                include_once($base_path."/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php");
                $modx = new DocumentParser;
                $etomite = &$modx; // for backward compatibility

Back to that blank page? Will download the latest version 9.6.1 and try that.
                  • 1,611 Posts
                  Hmm... well I’m really not sure... the new index.php requires protect.inc.php and includes config.inc.php using a different syntax than the old version, but if either of those failed you’d see errors. So I suppose that I still suspect that your config file was not updated properly, but I can’t be sure.

The new config file is quite a bit different from the old file in that a number of new constants and variables are set, including your database character set. One way to try to fix this would be to run the installer again with a blank config file (make sure you save a copy and have the info handy for creating the new one). There’s an option in the upgrade install to re-enter the database connection info (or something like that). If you do it that way, the installer will definitely insert the new code into your config file. I seem to remember people having to do this at times when upgrading back when 0.9.6 came out, and I think I did it myself a time or two also.

• 1,024 Posts
                    Like suggested I will try a new install. I backed up so that should be okay.
                    Also because I have problems on this site with the websignup modified, the one to get passwords generated by Modx and send by mail. This one fails because it is still trying looking to paths once used by the deleted SMF bridge. So a clean install seems to make more sence. Will let you know the outcome.

thanks loads so far.