We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 11 Posts
    After an upgrade from 0.9.6.2-RC1 to RC2, there is no more Richt Text Editor available (TinyMCE).
    A separate install of TinyMCE afterwards did not help.
    I only can select ’None’ at the option ’Editor to use’ in Tools/Configuration/Interface & Featurs sad
    • Why would you be upgrading to an RC for 0962, instead of the released version of 0962 or the RC2 of 0963?

When you upgraded, did you just replace the files, or did you re-run the installer in upgrade mode?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 11 Posts
        Quote from: rthrash at Nov 01, 2008, 02:44 PM

Why would you be upgrading to an RC for 0962, instead of the released version of 0962 or the RC2 of 0963?

When you upgraded, did you just replace the files, or did you re-run the installer in upgrade mode?

Excuse me, my fault. I did an upgrade from 0.9.6.3-RC1 to 0.9.6.3-RC2 tongue
        (changed the topic title now)

I did re-run the installer in upgrade mode.
        Did this on two different installations, both times the rich text editor was gone.
          • 11 Posts
          Ok, I managed to get the Rich Text Editor back (TinyMCE version 3.2.0.1)
          At the System Events tab of the TinyMCE plugin, the events OnRichTextEditorInit, OnRichTextEditorRegister, OnInterfaceSettingsRender were unchecked.
          Turning the checkboxes on again gave me the TinyMCE editor back again.

There also are a few disabled TinyMCE plugins.
          Two of them are version 3.2.0.1, and at both of these plugins had the events mentioned before unchecked.
          Another disabled TinyMCE plugin was version 3.1.0.1a, and this version had the proper events checked.

Hope you can do something with this information.
          • Quote from: BBrunekreeft at Nov 03, 2008, 07:41 PM

Ok, I managed to get the Rich Text Editor back (TinyMCE version 3.2.0.1)
            At the System Events tab of the TinyMCE plugin, the events OnRichTextEditorInit, OnRichTextEditorRegister, OnInterfaceSettingsRender were unchecked.
            Turning the checkboxes on again gave me the TinyMCE editor back again.

There also are a few disabled TinyMCE plugins.
            Two of them are version 3.2.0.1, and at both of these plugins had the events mentioned before unchecked.
            Another disabled TinyMCE plugin was version 3.1.0.1a, and this version had the proper events checked.

Hope you can do something with this information.

Ran into the same issue today sad  However my version 3.2.0.1 had the correct System Events checked. I had already removed older, disabled TinyMCE versions, so this is the only version present and is active. (SVN rev4377, 0963rc2)

TinyMCE - OnRichTextEditorInit
            An error occurred while loading. Please see the event log for more information.

Warning: Missing argument 30 for getTinyMCEScript(), called in /home/www/public_html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(748) : eval()'d code on line 47 and defined in /home/www/public_html/assets/plugins/tinymce3201/tinymce.functions.php on line 93

UPDATE:

For this to work for me, I simply updated the plugin code "TinyMCE" with the plugin template file found in: /assets/plugins/tinymce3201/plugin.tinymce.tpl

It seems the version the installer created had an issue with it, but updating with what was on the file system worked like a charm!
              Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
              MODx Ambassador / Contributor
              [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
              Great catch! I’ll get this fixed soon! laugh

Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • Quote from: Bravado at Nov 03, 2008, 10:02 PM

Great catch! I’ll get this fixed soon! laugh

Please see my updated post above. It may be helpful to you.

Thanks Bravado!
                  Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                  MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                  [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart