We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 119 Posts
    Hi,

I tried everything posted here and it’s not working....

Can someone help me please, even with admin I can’t use the mcpuk ?

This is a printscreen of my config.

No idea what’s wrong....

Thanks for your help !
      Scuse my english...I'm swiss
      • 4,205 Posts
      I think that in your case the Resource URL (or URL des resources) is wrong. it only needs to be assets/
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • 119 Posts
        no way, so I modified it normally like you mentionned, I updated modx from 0.9.6.2 to 0.9.6.3...

It’s pretty sad...I don’t understand this problem...!

Perhaps would be great if we can have a tutorial step by step, for this "resource path" ?
        • I ran into this issue the other day after an upgrade and eventually gave up after exhaustive permissions checking, etc. I will plan to revisit based on comments from this thread.

UPDATE:
          Perfect! Sure enough my resource path was only set to "assets/". Entering the absolute path corrected the issues I experienced with the Resource Browser >= 0.9.6.3
            Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
            MODx Ambassador / Contributor
            [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
            Quote from: pixelchutes at Jan 05, 2009, 08:56 PM

Perfect! Sure enough my resource path was only set to "assets/". Entering the absolute path corrected the issues I experienced with the Resource Browser >= 0.9.6.3

can you have a quick look at my settings posted here to check whether I did the same thing you did? And do you see image previews in the mcpuk-browser while browsing (i.e. before having chosen an image)?
            http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,31850.0.html
            thanks
              • 1,717 Posts
              @Mehdi

I spend several minutes to understand too why my previous 0.9.6.3rc2 config doesn’t run.
              I have fixed the problem with this configuration:

- Chemin des ressources (Resources Path) : $documentRoot/assets/

See Rapports / Afficher infos système to get your Php infos. And search DOCUMENT_ROOT in the page. Use the displayed value as $documentRoot

- URL des ressources (Resources URL) : assets/

Now, as i undertsand, the absolute address should be used for the resources path. But what will happen if my provider move my domain from one server to an another server ? Same thing if I change the name of my folder where my subdomain goes ?
              I didn’t follow the discussion regarding the reasons of this change but I prefered the relative path as solution
              • Quote from: coroico at Jan 11, 2009, 12:53 PM

Now, as i undertsand, the absolute address should be used for the resources path. But what will happen if my provider move my domain from one server to an another server ? Same thing if I change the name of my folder where my subdomain goes ?
                I didn’t follow the discussion regarding the reasons of this change but I prefered the relative path as solution
                It causes all kinds of problems to have this relative and also locks users into having to use a location within the site. All you have to do is edit the configuration if you migrate or change the name of the folder. Same thing with file_manager_path.
                  • 119 Posts
                  @coroico

Thanks for your help, but to solve the problem, I "downgraded" to 0.9.6.2, as soon as I update this again you will be informed.

Thanks again for you help !

Mehdi
                    • 526 Posts
                    hi,

I’ having quit the same issue with a 0962 to 0963 update.

I tried almost every thinkable combinations of what was discussed here, with no results.
                    the mcpuk browser still don’t show anything into the images folder.

$documents_root is /www so I put this literally into the resource path field.

and : assets/ into the url field.

Anyway, whatever I put, the same. >:(

as this is a personnal test lab on olympe-network (free) and I had no trouble before, what can be done again ?

Thank you

Schtroumpf Grognon - Grouchy Smurf
                      ---------------------------------
                      Faites pas attention.. - Don't pay attention
                      http://www.dzi-neo.net