We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts
    Ok, here is most of what you need to do to make it work. This is for x9.1.

1. Edit Resources >> Manage Resources >> Plugins >> FCKeditor >> Configuration >> Web Toolbars to your liking

2. Remove the following lines in \manager\media\browser\mcpuk\connectors\php\config.php

if(!isset($_SESSION['mgrValidated'])) {
    	die("<b>INCLUDE_ORDERING_ERROR</b><br /><br />Please use the MODx Content Manager instead of accessing this file directly.");
    }

3. Edit the FCKeditor plugin and change this line:

"$fckInstanceObj.Config['ImageBrowser'] = ".($use_browser==1 ? "true":"false").";".

to

"$fckInstanceObj.Config['ImageBrowser'] = true;".

4. Thats it! It should work now!

• 30 Posts
      Mark, thank you. Thank you very much.

It works great. I had just realized where number 1. was. I actually went looking in the database with phpadmin and found it, then realized what an idiot I was for not looking for the plugin in resources.

I assume that I need to be careful to make sure any pages this rich text editor is on is only assigned to select and trusted groups.

"Adversus solem ne loquitor." -don’t speak against the sun (don’t waste your time arguing the obvious) Something I sometimes need to be reminded of.
        • 3,250 Posts
        Quote from: zatoichi at Jan 03, 2006, 09:27 PM

Mark, thank you. Thank you very much.

I assume that I need to be careful to make sure any pages this rich text editor is on is only assigned to select and trusted groups.

Your welcome. Your assumption is correct because you removed the code that checks whether it is in the manager or not.
          • 1,732 Posts

Hi,

I think removing this line:

if(!isset($_SESSION['mgrValidated'])) {
          	die("<b>INCLUDE_ORDERING_ERROR</b><br /><br />Please use the MODx Content Manager instead of accessing this file directly.");
          }

Will allow direct access to the Resource Browser from the web. If you would only want web users to access the Resource Browser then you can use:

if(!isset($_SESSION['mgrValidated']) && !isset($_SESSION['webValidated'])) {
          }
            xWisdom
            www.xwisdomhtml.com
            The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
            MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.