We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 289 Posts
    It looks like it’s my turn for a topic about errors after updating. I’ve been running an RC1 installation of Evo, and today I downloaded 1.0.0 to upgrade it. I unzipped the archive, pasted all the files over the current installation, and ran the installer. I left all the plugins for installation/upgrade as they were checked (I think all of them were checked). Everything seemed to work fine until after it finished and I attempted to access the manager. Now I’m getting these errors, all on the same page (they are showing up with one chunk at the top and then a small left column and a large right column, so it looks like the different sections of the manager are attempting to show up).

Warning: include_once(/home/placefo1/public_html/modx/assets/plugins/qm/qm.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746) : eval()’d code on line 1
    Warning: include_once(/home/placefo1/public_html/modx/assets/plugins/qm/qm.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746) : eval()’d code on line 1

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ’/home/placefo1/public_html/modx/assets/plugins/qm/qm.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/’) in /home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746) : eval()’d code on line 1

Fatal error: Class ’Qm’ not found in /home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746) : eval()’d code on line 2

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ’/home/placefo1/public_html/modx/assets/plugins/qm/qm.inc.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/’) in /home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746) : eval()’d code on line 1

Fatal error: Class ’Qm’ not found in /home/placefo1/public_html/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(746) : eval()’d code on line 2

So I think it’s pretty clear than Qm is the problem. How do I fix this?

Thanks much!
      I'm learning more about MODx all the time and loving it.
    • You need to re-upload the files, not on top of existing directories, but replacing them completely. Rename your old directories _____.old and then migrate anything you need back after upgrading. And, always keep backups.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 289 Posts
        Thanks for the information. I’ll give it a try.

Will I always need to go through that? I would assume that with stable releases, this won’t be necessary. I will normally be able to copy the new files on top to upgrade, right?
        • I would not suggest that, as it’s prone to errors, and there may be legacy/outdated files that really shouldn’t be there. I typically save my manager config file, rename the manager directory, and manually add in any upgraded assets. Only takes a few minutes. Always run the installer in upgrade mode after upgrading.
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 289 Posts
            Okay, so I tried all of that, and I kept getting the same results. So I started to investigate. The manager was giving errors about QM+ not existing in the files, although it was installed to the database in the installation. I looked, and there were 0 files for QM. Then I looked in the MODx Evolution 1.0.0 archive I downloaded to install from. There were no QM files there either. So where is the installer expecting to get them from? It offers to install/update a bunch of plugins and modules, but it has no files to install/update them from! Am I missing something obvious? I downloaded the archive twice to make sure it wasn’t corrupted. I got the .tar.gz one, by the way. It’s possible the archive you’re hosting for download is incomplete, but I would think somebody else would have had the same problem if that was so.

Anyway, I did some database hacking and deleted the records for the missing plugins and everything, and at least now everything seems to be working except for Ditto/Reflect. I figure I’ll just go install those manually.
            • When I read this, I downloaded and checked the archive. The files in question are present in the archive (MODx-1.0.0.tar.gz) I downloaded.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • Quote from: Compeek at Aug 01, 2009, 04:39 PM

I looked, and there were 0 files for QM. Then I looked in the MODx Evolution 1.0.0 archive I downloaded to install from. There were no QM files there either. So where is the installer expecting to get them from?

Do you see [b]assets/plugins/qm/[b]?
                  Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                  MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                  [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                  They are definitely missing from mine. As mentioned, I downloaded and extracted twice. Maybe IZArc is messing up for some reason.

I’ll post back with more results. At least I know that MODx isn’t at fault. laugh

Edit: No idea what’s going on. 7zip does the same thing. I can view the archive and see the files, but unzipping it (whatever the term is for doing that) with IZArc or 7zip gets me only one folder in the plugins directory. It’s for TinyMCE. I’ll just download the .zip file and see if it makes a difference.
                    • 289 Posts
                    All is well! I still don’t know why IZArc and 7zip wouldn’t do it right. I copied the archive to my Linux server and extracted everything, and then just copied the extracted files back and went from there.

I copied all the files (without any missing this time) to the site, ran the installer in upgrade mode, and everything works. Well, Ditto with Reflect is now showing an error about the Ditto instance being invalid, but that won’t be a hard fix. I probably just messed something up while doing all of this to get MODx to upgrade.

Thanks for the help. I’m considering this solved.