We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 149 Posts
    Exuse my english it is not my native language. First, my sincere congratulations for this brilliant and huge work.
    I hastened to install (new installation) MODx 1.0.0 (apache server), installation stopped at the validation phase because MODx reported a problem with write permission for the directory assets/images, however the permissions was 777. Is this problem has been reported?

Again congradulations. Comme on dit en français, je vous lève mon chapeau pour ce superbe travail messieurs!
    • Quote from: jber at Jul 31, 2009, 03:10 AM

Exuse my english it is not my native language. First, my sincere congratulations for this brilliant and huge work.
      I hastened to install (new installation) MODx 1.0.0 (apache server), installation stopped at the validation phase because MODx reported a problem with write permission for the directory assets/images, however the permissions was 777. Is this problem has been reported?

Again congradulations. Comme on dit en français, je vous lève mon chapeau pour ce superbe travail messieurs!
      Sorry for the problem. Looks like the French translation omitted a few directories from the original English source:
      $_lang["checking_if_images_writable"] = 'Checking if <span class="mono">/assets/images</span>, <span class="mono">/assets/files</span>, <span class="mono">/assets/flash</span> and <span class="mono">/assets/media</span> directories are writable: ';

If you could file a bug report in JIRA it would be tremendously appreciated.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 428 Posts
        I’ve corrected the translation of the string and sent the updated installer file in JIRA: http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-1075
          Intégrateur web freelance
        • Thanks Fairytree. smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • Same problem with the german version.
            Update lines 42 and 43 in "install/lang/german/german.inc.php" to

$_lang["checking_if_images_exist"] = 'Überprüfen ob der Ordner <span class="mono">assets/images</span>, <span class="mono">assets/files</span>, <span class="mono">assets/flash</span>, <span class="mono">assets/media</span> existiert: ';
            $_lang["checking_if_images_writable"] = 'Überprüfen ob der Ordner <span class="mono">assets/images</span>, <span class="mono">assets/files</span>, <span class="mono">assets/flash</span>, <span class="mono">assets/media</span>  beschreibbar ist: ';

Greetings, Lars
            • Quote from: labr1005 at Aug 10, 2009, 09:12 AM

Same problem with the german version.
              Update lines 42 and 43 in "install/lang/german/german.inc.php" to

Greetings, Lars

Thank you, Lars. I have updated this as of revision 5631. NOTE: The file path has changed to: install/lang/german.inc.php (since revision 5617), FYI.
                Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                Just installed my first Evo for a new site and glad to find the fix here smiley
                Thanks Jean-Christophe !
                  .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l&#39;outil id