We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Just wondering if there’s any known issues/bugs that would be bad if I upgraded from the stable 0.9.6.2 build. wink
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
    • Quote from: Soshite at Oct 13, 2008, 01:32 AM

Just wondering if there’s any known issues/bugs that would be bad if I upgraded from the stable 0.9.6.2 build. wink
      That’s why it’s called a Release Candidate, so you can help test and determine it’s stability. wink
        • 925 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 13, 2008, 03:30 AM

Quote from: Soshite at Oct 13, 2008, 01:32 AM

That’s why it’s called a Release Candidate, so you can help test and determine it’s stability. wink

I know, I was just wondering if there was a major known bug/issue that might badly affect the stability (small issues aren’t much of a problem).
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • 4,205 Posts
          I think that if there was a "major known bug/issue that might badly affect the stability" it would not have been released without being addressed first. Unknown bugs/issues are the one to look for wink
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • The 0963 release is being made in order to address some known issues from the set charset/set names stuff that surfaced after 0962. A lot of other minor fixes got into it as well, so please do test away and let’s get this out there this week!
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • FYI,

We installed an 0963 snapshot (rev #4293) and ran into a pretty big issue for our content development team.

At this time, manager users assigned to a "Role" (content editors) are unable to Edit MODx documents!!

Quote from: "MODx

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/user/public_html/manager/processors/user_documents_permissions.class.php on line 108

The above error is thrown, in addition to:

Access permissions
              You do not have the correct permissions for this document.

However, this occurs on public documents with no doc permissions, too...

NOTE: This does NOT occur for Admin users...

The last change to this file was REV 4225 on 10/2/08, references http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,29278.0.html (thx Jason)

Here’s the unified diff:
              --- C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\user_documents_permissions.class.php-rev4224.svn000.tmp.php	Mon Oct 20 12:15:55 2008
              +++ W:\_svn\modx096svn\0.9.6\manager\processors\user_documents_permissions.class.php	Mon Oct 13 15:59:11 2008
              @@ -28,7 +28,7 @@

$permissionsok = false;  // set permissions to false

-		if($GLOBALS['use_udperms']==0 || $GLOBALS['use_udperms']=="" || !isset($GLOBALS['use_udperms'])) {
              +		if($modx->config['use_udperms']==0 || $modx->config['use_udperms']=="" || !isset($modx->config['use_udperms'])) {
               			return true; // permissions aren't in use
               		}

@@ -83,7 +83,7 @@

// get document groups for current user
               		if($_SESSION['mgrDocgroups']) {
              -			$docgrp = implode(",",$_SESSION['mgrDocgroups']);
              +			$docgrp = implode(" || dg.document_group = ",$_SESSION['mgrDocgroups']);
               		}

/* Note:
              @@ -97,13 +97,13 @@
               		$tblsc = $dbase.".`".$table_prefix."site_content`";
               		$tbldg = $dbase.".`".$table_prefix."document_groups`";
               		$tbldgn = $dbase.".`".$table_prefix."documentgroup_names`";
              -		$sql = "SELECT DISTINCT sc.id 
              +                $sql = "SELECT DISTINCT sc.id 
               				FROM $tblsc sc 
               				LEFT JOIN $tbldg dg on dg.document = sc.id
               				LEFT JOIN $tbldgn dgn ON dgn.id = dg.document_group
               				WHERE sc.id = $document 
              -				AND (1='' OR NOT(dgn.private_memgroup<=>1)".(!$docgrp ? "":" OR dg.document_group IN ($docgrp)").");";
              -				   // ^ MySQL 4.1 will not return the correct result if this statement is removed! ???
              +				AND (dg.document_group = $docgrp || sc.privatemgr = 0)";
              +				   
               		$rs = mysql_query($sql);
               		$limit = mysql_num_rows($rs);
               		if($limit==1) $permissionsok = true;

Reverting back to REV 4224 of this file does appear to correct this issue.

The cause is due to invalid SQL syntax:

SELECT DISTINCT sc.id FROM `modx_bplansco`.`modx_site_content` sc LEFT JOIN `modx_bplansco`.`modx_document_groups` dg on dg.document = sc.id LEFT JOIN `modx_bplansco`.`modx_documentgroup_names` dgn ON dgn.id = dg.document_group WHERE sc.id = 684 AND (dg.document_group = || sc.privatemgr = 0)

NOTE: dg.document_group =  ...
                Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
                MODx Ambassador / Contributor
                [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
              • The link is http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,29278.0.html and is valid. Can someone please make this a Jira issue and maybe we’ll start a Crucible code review of this to sort it out.
                • Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 20, 2008, 06:44 PM

The link is http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,29278.0.html and is valid.  Can someone please make this a Jira issue and maybe we’ll start a Crucible code review of this to sort it out.

FYI, I have a fix applied and tested, working in a few different scenarios. Jason, with a small reminder/direction, I’d be happy to open and close it smiley (will be committing shortly...)
                    [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                    • Quote from: rthrash at Oct 20, 2008, 07:04 PM

http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/ for bug reports...

Filing bug report now.

Quote from: "bug

Rev 4349
                      1 file
                      13:23 - pixelchutes
                      bug fix to prevent invalid SQL syntax / error
                      M /tattoo/branches/0.9.6/manager/processors/user_documents_permissions.class.php