We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 109 Posts
    Just to add my 2 cents worth:
    The reason I came to modX was the flexibility of the secured areas for web users. The reason I stayed is the amazing pace at which new and well-thought out features are arriving, and of course the community smiley

Once you understand how to use TVs you can achieve almost anything in your designs!

• 138 Posts
      Etomite is a very good cms, and its actual developers are real nice people, always willing to help. I like most of the Etomite users, and that’s easy because a lot of MODx users seem to hang out there to see how "grandpa" is doing nowadays grin

Etomite is simply our past, and we can’t say anything bad about it. Etomite IS family.

But what pisses me off is the few Etomite users who are always spreading lies about MODx.

Anyone who has a doubt on how original MODx is should simply try it. And please, look behind the look and feel to see the differences.
        Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
        I Corinthians (ch. XV, v. 33)
        • 26 Posts
        Quote from: aNoble at Oct 26, 2005, 12:14 PM

You can see a demo of the 3.3 release here:
        http://demo.opensourcecms.com/modx/

Unfortunately the demo is down. Look at this article http://www.opensourcecms.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=138&func=view&id=4886&catid=13

Greetz Paul
          • 835 Posts
          Hi,

Ridicoulous ! The Open source world is a jungle ! grrrrrr grin

If It’s just a question of name, it isn’t a problem

French suggestion :

Versioning of releases follows an X.Y.Z convention where:
          X = The major release number
          Y = The minor release number
          Z = 0 for a release
          Z = 1 to XXXXXXXX developpement step

TP 3.3 is the last Tech preview
          After some tests :

3.3.0 , the first release is distributed all over the world and bill gates say : "I invented Modx"
          In the same time developper work on 3.3.1 to 3.3.2456789000987 before the next release 3.4.0

Please "James", can I have my demo on opensourcecms

If not, we can try http://www.cms-quebec.com/ , it is possible to put alpha version. I can host a demo version on my server.
          No one have any other solution ?

Other point :

4. We generally DO NOT demo beta or alpha versions. If the system you want to submit is in beta and has not released at least a stable version 1, please wait until a stable version has been released before submitting.

Please tell me if a stable version 0.X can be considered like a stable version 1?

Aour

If my post is too aggressive, please delete it
          • LOL ... no worries all around. Although I’ve never known that the word "generally" in fact means "absolutely/never", I can live with it. Who knows, maybe our upcoming release will actually change numbering schemes. wink
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 1 Posts
              Ryan,

The way I interpret "general" mean it is ok to make an exception when there is no compliant!
              • Fair enough then, and no worries. laugh
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 7,075 Posts
                  Numbering schemes are always food for discussion, I know that... My take on things is : don’t loose you user base with unintelligible numbering schemes... 0.9.x and after that 1.x is well chosen.

But in the end, it’s the app that matters smiley
                    .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id