We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: zanami at May 19, 2008, 10:49 PM

Well, it does create empty folders under core/packages so I guess it’s not permissions related.

The folder created is owned by _www and perms are 755 even if I change settings in Tools->Configuration to 777/666

And I even cannot delete these folders without sudo.
    Interesting. The permissions for the created files/folders issue is a bug that needs to be addressed, but like you said, this isn’t a permissions issue. If you manually unzip the package, are you able to run the install from the manager UI?
      • 10 Posts
      If you manually unzip the package, are you able to run the install from the manager UI?
      Nope. Same message.

OK, again

Fresh install (downloaded archive, not SVN). Web installer, all default options.
      Admin is accessible. Created a template, a page – all fine.
      Change perms to 666/777 in Settings (no use, see below)
      Downloaded Ditto zip package to core/packages
      Tools->Workspaces->Add->OK, Dito is in the list->Install->Error
      Removed created Ditto.... folder (password reqd)
      Unpacked Ditto...zip
      Install again->Same error

This is ALL of my error.log

[2008-05-20 18:50:03] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not unpack package /Users/Scoff/Sites/modxtest/core/packages/ditto-1.0.2-beta1.transport.zip to /Users/Scoff/Sites/modxtest/core/packages/. SIG:
      [2008-05-20 18:51:53] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Could not unpack package /Users/Scoff/Sites/modxtest/core/packages/ditto-1.0.2-beta1.transport.zip to /Users/Scoff/Sites/modxtest/core/packages/. SIG:

I believe it’s something simple and stupid but don’t know what.

UPDATE: Trying to remove a package (in Workspaces) ends with: Error removing package with primary key ditto-1.0.2-beta1
      error.log: [2008-05-20 19:02:29] (ERROR @ /connectors/workspace/packages.php) Error occurred during uninstall.
      File is globally writable, folder is 777

Don’t know what "remove" is for, though.
      • That should just remove the package entry from the database so it doesn’t show up. Go ahead and truncate your database table called modx_transport_packages and then restart the process of discovering local packages. It seems like perhaps an error occurred the first time you tried to install the package and perhaps did something to "corrupt" the entry in that table.
        • Actually, make sure not to manually extract the packages; in another thread, this appeared to prevent the user from being able to use the installer. After removing the manually extracted directories, it worked fine.
            • 57 Posts
            hi,

i’ve tried all the options above, i get a "error, could not create the package"... i’ve checked the error log and the entry is:

[2008-09-12 16:10:24] (ERROR @ /modx-alpha/connectors/workspace/packages.php) Error HY000 executing statement:
            INSERT INTO `modx_transport_packages` (`signature`, `created`, `updated`, `state`, `workspace`, `provider`, `disabled`, `source`, `manifest`, `attributes`) VALUES (:signature, :created, :updated, :state, :workspace, :provider, :disabled, :source, :manifest, :attributes)
            Array
            (
            [0] => HY000
            [1] => 1292
            [2] => Incorrect datetime value: ’NULL’ for column ’updated’ at row 1
            )

apache 2.2.8 > mysql 5.0.51> php 5.2.5 on windows xp.

i notice most are using mysql 4, could that be the issue?

cheers!
              • 24,544 Posts
              Which version of MODx are you running? I had trouble with package installation on some earlier versions.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 57 Posts
                hi, i’m running version 2.0.0-alpha3
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  The most recent versions from SVN have a console that gives progress reports on package installation. That might help pinpoint your problem.

BTW, I’m on Windows Vista with XAMPP with build 4069 and packages get installed with no trouble. There was a version not too long ago, though, where I had the same problem you’re having.
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting