We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 32 Posts
    Quote from: splittingred at Jan 29, 2008, 04:38 PM

We’ll have more docs on xPDO when MODx 0.9.7 is released.

For now, we’re concentrating on 0.9.7 development, getting the core stabilized and ready for work, and proper core documentation.

I can assure you the documentation is far better than prior modx versions. With xPDO, though, right now, Soda’s assertion is right - it’s young, and a lot of "best practices" are still being ironed out. We’re working on getting those ready, done, and documented.

We all here hardly waiting when 097 will be released, I’am checking every day shocked . I’am wishing to developers a lot of happy & successful coding wink
      • 7,075 Posts
      One good thing about 0.9.7 is documentation : it’s a big improvement over earlier release - it’s been documented along the way (huge work !) and I think it will be a success factor for 0.9.7 and beyond !

Check out http://docs.modxcms.com (link has been posted time and again on public forums by our devs, but some people might have missed it) and you’ll see !!!
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 8 Posts
        I have installed xpdo in the root dir (as described), changed the config etc. Instead of sample, I reverse-engeneered my project database.
        With xFDM, I get the list, but not the form. So, just few questions (0961):

Should the form be auto-generated or should I create a chunk?
        Must I install extra snippets (like phx)?
        Why does it not work?

Thank you

Matija
          • 415 Posts
          Hi Matija, the form is auto generaded with the form class included in xpdo distribution(in my rev 75).
          I use 0962 but xPDO should work with 0961 too.
          Don’t know what exactly happen, could you give more infos ?
            MODx Sites & Prestations: http://dp-site.fr [Last MODx Site]
            MODx Repository: [HOME] [MetaTagsExtra] / Current Dev: [xFDM]
            • 8 Posts
            Everything works just fine, I see the list and when I choose add or edit (by pressing the link in the list), I get everything except the form. Here is the html source.

<h3><a href="/okokok?orderby=url&orderdir=desc">Retour à la liste</a></h3><h3>Editer feeds 4</h3>
            <h3><a href=/okokok?orderby=url&orderdir=desc&action=del&feedsid=4>Effacer feeds 4</a></h3>
            <div class="formError"></div>

<div class="formMessage"></div>
            <form action="/okokok?orderby=url&orderdir=desc" class="frmalign" name="sampleForm" id="sampleForm" method="POST">
            </form><br style="clear:both;"/><h3><a href="/okokok?orderby=url&orderdir=desc">Retour à la liste</a></h3>

As you can see, there is no form. I have fields [tt]id, url[/tt] in the showfields and in the list they work just fine:
            <table>
            	<thead><tr class="">
            		<th><a href="/okokok?orderby=id&orderdir=desc">Id ></a></th>
            		<th><a href="/okokok?orderby=url&orderdir=desc">Url ></a></th>
            	</tr></thead>
            <tbody>	<tr class="">

<td><a href="/okokok?action=edit&feedsid=1">1</a></td>
            		<td><a href="/okokok?action=edit&feedsid=1">http://www.24sata.hr/index.php?cmd=show_rss&action=novo</a></td>
            	</tr>
            	<tr class="mtAltRow">
            		<td><a href="/okokok?action=edit&feedsid=2">2</a></td>
            		<td><a href="/okokok?action=edit&feedsid=2">http://www.24sata.hr/index.php?cmd=show_rss&action=news</a></td>

</tr> ... the rest is obvious

So, the [tt]echo $form->buildForm();[/tt] line has no output. My guess is that I dont have something installed as it should be.
            I downloaded xpdo rev 75 in the simplest way (pressed download), not from svn. Installed in the root dir, reverse engineered the database, installed the xFDM snippet (just the snippet) and put config lines in the snippet itself (as I do not need more than one configuration). I am using MyISAM engine on this table, id is primary, url is unuque. There are other fields which I do not need here. Simply, there is no form.

Matija
              • 8 Posts
              Ok, this is the thing.
              When I create the chunk mfInputText, it is parsed. From the makeform class, it is obvious that these chunks (templates) should be loaded from some "cache", or as modx chunks. Can someone please tell me where to find the defaults, or copy their own version.
              Thank you
              Matija
              • You can find the original chunks I created as part of MakeForm at http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,2553.msg17405.html#msg17405.
                  • 8 Posts
                  Thank you. (Zillion times for everything you do.)

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
                  Matija