We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 415 Posts
    This is an example of the use of xPDO width the class makeform an maketable.
    It display fields table which you can add/edit/delete and include pagination, sortby, order, result/page, search engine...
    call it from a page :
    [!xFDMlist? &tbl=`sitecontent` &showfields=`id,longtitle,pagetitle` &configfile=`xFDMsample.config.php`!]
    This is just a sample of what I understand from the great xPDO.
      MODx Sites & Prestations: http://dp-site.fr [Last MODx Site]
      MODx Repository: [HOME] [MetaTagsExtra] / Current Dev: [xFDM]
      • 7,075 Posts
      Already ported FDM to xPDO ?
      Great news grin

I’ll try it as soon as I can smiley
        .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
        • 4,205 Posts
        This looks sweet. I am very curious about how xpdo fits into the story. Thanks for the example.
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 415 Posts
          Forget fdm here wink this is just an example of my first use of xPDO.
            • 32 Posts
            We surly need more samples What and How xPDO works. I’am waiting for some more advance doc about xPDO. is there any chance we can see this soon?
              • 415 Posts
              The dev team has a lot of work, and documentation comes after development for all developper (This is not the funniest part of the work smiley ). xPDO is young, (less than MODx) so be patient, but if you want to learn (as me) you can check the xpdo.class and the object.class files, and if you have problem , many people on the forum are ready to answer you.
                • 4,149 Posts
                Quote from: MasterzDee at Jan 29, 2008, 09:35 AM

We surly need more samples What and How xPDO works. I’am waiting for some more advance doc about xPDO. is there any chance we can see this soon?

We’ll have more docs on xPDO when MODx 0.9.7 is released.

For now, we’re concentrating on 0.9.7 development, getting the core stabilized and ready for work, and proper core documentation.

I can assure you the documentation is far better than prior modx versions. With xPDO, though, right now, Soda’s assertion is right - it’s young, and a lot of "best practices" are still being ironed out. We’re working on getting those ready, done, and documented.
                  shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                  • 2,204 Posts
                  I’m a bit scared, I just get the hang of the modx api and then 097 wil come and whipe away all this i know now and lets me learn another way of thinking.

I know it wil be hard to learn but also I know that xpdo will be so much faster than the "oldway"

Dimmy
                    follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                    • 4,149 Posts
                    Quote from: Dimmy at Jan 29, 2008, 06:51 PM

I’m a bit scared, I just get the hang of the modx api and then 097 wil come and whipe away all this i know now and lets me learn another way of thinking.

Welcome to web development. wink
                      shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
                      • 415 Posts
                      xPDO don’t change all things in modx, it just improve the way it access to the db, note that xPDO is useable with different kind of databases (and not restricted to mysql), so I don’t watch the code of 0.9.7 but I think that the core team will conserve some compatibility so the function of dbapi can be written with few change.
                      I know that xPDO is really new in concept and in use but some (big) improvements needs some changes. Don’t be afraid, xPDO is just a better way of web development thinking.

I found it hard on first time, it is really different of what I know (and different of the old one), but try it, test it, ask about it and you will discover its power.

The sample in the first post allow to list, search, add, edit delete fields in any table and the code is only 170 lines long (not complete, I agree but ...) !