We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 66 Posts

That worked thanks! Having the host increase the maximum upload filesize in the php.ini file to 10 MB did the trick.

Thank you all very much for helping me out smiley
    • Quote from: harmonysteel at May 26, 2011, 04:48 AM

That worked thanks! Having the host increase the maximum upload filesize in the php.ini file to 10 MB did the trick.

Thank you all very much for helping me out smiley

Glad to hear the host was able to resolve your problem!
        Patrick | Server Wrangler
        About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
        • 1 Posts
        With current version it seemed for me to require setting:
        post_max_size
        perhaps also.
          • 16 Posts
          Sorry to open this again, but I'm having the same problem and the above fixes aren't working.

I've set both my post_max_size and upload_max_filesize to 30M. One of the files is only 2.5MB, but it still doesn't work.

The files actually upload fine, I can see them fine if I go directly to the location. But then if I try and view them either in the Gallery backend or in the frontend, it just doesn't work.

It feels like an issue with PHPThumb?

• 16 Posts
            Anyone got any ideas on my issue? I've just tried using PHPThumbOf manually which works fine on a 5MB file that was uploaded via the Gallery extra.

So, does that mean it's a Gallery issue..?
              • 16 Posts
              Alright, I've just tried a 2.8MB PNG which works fine, unlike a 2.8MB JPG.

I found it had been submitted as a bug, but it's still not been fixed after 3 years! sad
              https://github.com/splittingred/Gallery/issues/178