We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 79 Posts
    Hello,

I’m encountering a rather annoying problem lately: If I edit a resource (no matter if I simply change the name or the content) and hit "Save", the "Please Wait ... Saving ..." box appears and the bar is loading and loading, but it just loops and doesn’t do anything. Only way out of this is to hit F5, reload the page, and seeing all the changes vanished again.

So, this seems to be especially frequent with some specific documents (with some, I didn’t manage to change anything at all), whereas other documents work fine most of the time (it happens with every document from time to time).

I just upgraded to 2.0.3-pl in the hope that this bug would be fixed, but it’s still there. Basically, I can’t work properly on my side anymore.

Anyone having the same problem / an idea how to fix this?
    I’d be incredible thankful for any help!

Simon
      • 1,624 Posts
      When upgrading I do the following if I get errors. After each step, check if the error disappeared

Clear browser cache
      Security/Flush Permissions
      compress_js NO
      concat_js NO
      compress_css NO
      Rename or delete core/cache file and let modx generate another one

Regards
        • 79 Posts
        Thanks for your reply.

I’ve done all those things now but unfortunately, the bug still exists. It just keeps saving and saving with certain documents. However, your recommended actions seemed to have reduced the frequency it occurs. But it’s still there and it happens quite often.
        The bug also existed prior to the update, so I it’s probably not an update error. I should add that I tested it on several PC’S, OS’s, and browsers. It happens everywhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
          • 659 Posts
          Hello

I experimented the same issue, but only if I put html tags (ie: <strong> or <b> or whatever...) in the "introtext" part of the resource...
          If I remove the html tags, no problem when saving, if I put them, infinite saving loop... I have to reload the page, the changes are saved BTW, but it’s a bit ’boring’ to have to reload the page...
          Cheers
            • 4,149 Posts
            That bug was fixed in 2.0.1; you should upgrade.

Also, you might want to try disabling magic_quotes_gpc.
              shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
              • 79 Posts
              Well I did upgrade to 2.0.3-pl, but the bug still persists.

However, it seems to be less frequent now; But it’s still there. And I do not have HTML tags in my introtexts whatsoever ...
                • 79 Posts
                Am I the only one still encountering this bug?

Sorry, but I’m quite desperate to find a solution; Project’s due ...
                  • 38 Posts
                  Same behaviour here. Not easy to explain to a customer. undecided
                    • 38 Posts
                    I could actually replicate this error. It seems only to occur, when the document is a "container".
                    Can anybody verfiy this?
                    Thanks!
                    • If you can replicate it then please file a bug report at http://bugs.modx.com/ Thanks!
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me