We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 368 Posts
    Quote from: BobRay at Oct 02, 2010, 04:51 PM

Could you use the Bugs and Requests link at the top of this page to record them so they don’t fall through the cracks?

Done.
      Jason
      • 24,544 Posts
      Quote from: kenquad at Oct 06, 2010, 01:25 AM

Quote from: BobRay at Oct 02, 2010, 04:51 PM

Could you use the Bugs and Requests link at the top of this page to record them so they don’t fall through the cracks?

Done.

Thanks! smiley
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 32 Posts
        There are two things I would like to request for form customization.

1.- It would be nice if all the fields were not displayed for a split-second before they disappeared. For example, if I remove a field or a tab from a resource, when I click on the resource the tab/field is displayed for a second and then it disappears. I would prefer my clients to not see that. It’s kind of sloppy.

2.- When moving TVs from their current tab to the first tab that appears, the placement of the form fields look awful. Nothing is in line. The TV description will be on one line and the input field below it. The input fields are not nicely lined up. This also looks very sloppy to clients.

I am currently using modx revolution 2.0.6-pl traditional and am experiencing this behavior.
          • 573 Posts
          I love form customization!

that said a few improvements would be welcome:

- Only the right click menu has the important controls in it, this is really confusing. I had to check the forum & docs before I figured out how to make my first profile.

- It would nice to be able to export and import profiles not just sets

- Combining resource\update and resource\create into one set would be a real time saver

- when editing a set, there should be a back button to the profile that set is in

- there is a unsightly flash of the fields before they are hidden.
            • 284 Posts
            Quote from: g5604 at Jan 12, 2011, 09:50 AM
            - Only the right click menu has the important controls in it, this is really confusing.
            True. And, of course, it’s bad for touch devices. Oh, by the way - is there a thought about implementing sencha touch?
            - It would nice to be able to export and import profiles not just sets
            thought about something more flexible here: http://bugs.modx.com/issues/3104
            - Combining resource\update and resource\create into one set would be a real time saver
            True. Or, better, set a button to be able to link them together.
            - there is a unsightly flash of the fields before they are hidden.
            This is going to be fixed in near versions. Currently it’s handled via JS and it will be via PHP.
              MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
              • 1,039 Posts
              I’d like to add some more wishes:

+ When navigating to profile->set there is no way back to the profiles. You always have to navigate through the main manager navigation (or hit "cancel" what isn’t obvious).
              + sorting of tabs should be possible
              + moving of modx-resource-settings items to other tabs (vice versa works more or less, but no sorting here)
              + hiding of modx-resource-content in tabs (only show it once)

Perhaps I overlooked something but these are the glitches I discovered until now.

• Re the comma-separated lists of ids... why not be able to write in some JSON formatted xPDO criteria, just like what is passed to the various getCollection/getObject methods? That way you could not only use coma-separated lists of ids, e.g.

1,2,3  = [ 1, 2, 3]

You could also do the more complex queries:

{ "parent_id" : 7 }

or
                { "alias:LIKE" : "catalog/pages/%" }

The important thing I think is to allow the simple stuff (e.g. comma-separated lists), but to allow for more complex rules too.
                  • 32 Posts
                  I agree the split-second unsightly flash where the content shows and then is taken away should be fixed.

Is anyone working on this? The "unsightly" flash just looks nonprofessional. I wouldn’t want clients to see that. smiley
                    • 128 Posts
                    It should be possible to reorder the normal resource settings (eg, page title, long title) and intermingle them with user-defined template variables.

Example: Page Resource is a book with varibles: title [page title], author [custom TV], ISBN [TV], etc). There’s a logical order to these variables, but I can’t see how to get them to display on the same tab in the order I want.
                      Revo 2.0.8-pl
                      • 128 Posts
                      It seems that there is no way to delete a tab once it is a created. Is that correct?
                        Revo 2.0.8-pl