We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 863 Posts
    Yes I just tried it and that happens for me too. Want to file a bug report about it?
      • 0 Posts
      Yep. I will file it.

I am trying to enhance my workflow in modx revo. Space seems to be the issue at the moment. Codemirror is a great thing, but working in area with a height of 300px is a pain when working on complex templates.
      So here is a little tip on how to remove the double scrollbars:

Go to: assets/components/codemirror/css/codemirror-compressed.css and in line 1 remove: height:300px;

That should give you room to breathe in.

The same issue with TinyMCE, there you have a height of 333px, if content exceeds that height, the scrollbars will kick in. I haven´t figured that one out yet. Anyone knows how to get rid of the double scrollbars when using TinyMCE ?

• 615 Posts
        Quote from: optiki at Jun 05, 2011, 03:35 PM
        Codemirror is a great thing, but working in area with a height of 300px is a pain when working on complex templates.
        So here is a little tip on how to remove the double scrollbars:

Go to: assets/components/codemirror/css/codemirror-compressed.css and in line 1 remove: height:300px;

That should give you room to breathe in.
        Thanks. smiley
          I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
          • 0 Posts
          It is filed as a bug ... Okay. While i am at it. I keep bumping into these minor UI things.

Example: When editing a user and you want to go back to see all the other users, you have 3 options:

1. Click Cancel in the upper right corner
          2. Go to the topmenu and choose. Security > Manage Users
          3. Hit the Browsers Back Button

Hitting the "Cancel" button, to go back seems very confusing to me. How about a breadcrumb to indicate the parent level (users) ? The whole "Security" menu seems very confusing (to me), because you basically don´t know where you are ?! Maybe it´s just me, but i get lost in this section, because of all the jumping around.

• 297 Posts
            About the tree we were thinking yesterday about possible solutions:
            1. Why not to give us an option to choose how the tree is generated? one-time-load or asynchronous. I think ExtJS has an option to to it in both ways and it should be easy to implement. In this way we can choose the best option according to our implementation ( one time load for small websites, async for large ones ).
            2. Sometime ago someone told me loading the entire tree would consume a lot of resources, I think this should be for large websites. Now, for small websites the performance is not good enough in the way the tree is loading. Why not to load the tree serverside instead of doing it using AJAX requests? It should solve both problems: performance and load speed. We can have a system setting where we can choose how to load the tree: ClientSide ( one time ), Client Side ( async ), Server Side

I think the second option is harder to implement, but the option one should be easy. Unfortunately we have not so much knowledege about the core and ExtJS to try a fix, but here is the idea....
              • 712 Posts
              Quote from: moondawg69 at Aug 21, 2010, 01:59 AM
              Yes that is true. You can skin it how you like and remove ExtJS if you want to.

However I would say perhaps 90% of the Modx user base are designers with some developer knowledge. It's perhaps why we all use it - it respects the designer and does not muck about with your crafted semantic markup.

I think I begged at the start for Revo just to have a plain HTML/CSS manager - then said designers could have a field day and skin it how they wanted with much documentation required.

To me, looking at the current manager templates and code - it is all tied into ExtJS sad

As a UI/UX person only and not a JS guru - I am looking for <form> elements that control submits etc in the .tpl files etc. A plain old school base from which to grow with some JS as required.

Is it just me?

It's not just you. This is something we have to get right next go around.
                jpdevries
                • 24,544 Posts
                Something I'd like to see: In WordPress, clicking on "Preview" reloads an existing browser tab, if you've previewed before, instead of opening a new one. It's muy annoying to have 8 tabs all with previews of the same document. I know it's avoidable and how to avoid it, but it still happens to me with some regularity.
                  Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                  Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                  My MODX Extras
                  Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                  • 712 Posts
                  Quote from: BobRay at Dec 06, 2013, 09:55 PM
                  Something I'd like to see: In WordPress, clicking on "Preview" reloads an existing browser tab, if you've previewed before, instead of opening a new one. It's muy annoying to have 8 tabs all with previews of the same document. I know it's avoidable and how to avoid it, but it still happens to me with some regularity.

That would be nice. GitHub issues also open in a new tab every time.
                    jpdevries