We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 113 Posts
    Sorry to be a bit impatient, but you guys just rock, and I’ve got that new-toy excitement. So now that I have TP3 more or less working, I’m anxious to get to the main reason I downloaded it--modules. In the new "Getting Started" doc there’s a teaser screen shot of 3 of them: Photo Module, SMF Integration and Task Manager. Are we going to see those soon, as well as a bit of documentation?
    • SMF will be the first module released. It will enable you to completely synch users to or from SMF and then automatically transfer updates in MODx users to SMF. You can optionally trap all SMF user-functions to the MODx system with some very minor modification to a few SMF files.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 1 Posts
        how soon?
        • Most likely, this week.
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 3,250 Posts
            Will the SMF module include or make the "very minor modification to a few SMF files" or will these have to be made manually to the files?
            • SMF’s license expressly prohibits distributing pre-modified files, so I doubt we’ll ever be able to distribute those.
                • 3,975 Posts
                But I am sure, those changes will be very minor and easy to implement ! wink

as the whole system is quite easy to implement laugh, so dont worry... just wait for it to be released !

Enjoy !

zi
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                  • 113 Posts
                  Quote from: rthrash at Aug 01, 2005, 01:21 PM

SMF’s license expressly prohibits distributing pre-modified files, so I doubt we’ll ever be able to distribute those.
                  But someone could create a mod for SMF that would be easily installable via their package manager, couldn’t they?
                  • No. You cannot distribute pre-modified files, and to "trap" or replace the login mechanism in SMF with the MODx ones, you have to modify a couple of SMF files. It’s really very simple to do so, though.

Perhaps we could do it like the Spider engine mod though for SMF. I’m trying to find out better how those work.

Thanks for getting the ideas rolling! laugh

• 3,250 Posts
                      Is there an update on the estimated date? (no rush, just curious)